Cheap Wired Color Camera

dtperk

Ok... Just got back from a Sam's Club run with the wife and they had a whole skid of these things in the electronics section.

http://www.wisecomm.com/wisecomm-oc950.htm

I haven't tried it yet (and may not get around to installing it anytime soon), but for $39 and change, I couldn't pass it up.

Bubble pack comes with camera, PS, 100' cable (Vid, Aud, Pwr) and a security sticker.

If anyone tries one, let me know how it works... I may have to run out and get a few more.

Check the accessories page on the site too... Looks like they have a few different lenses that could work with it; like a fixed pinhole for under $20.

-=dtperk :p

Try it out please. I saw these last week and they are selling like hot cakes but I was hoping someone had one in service so we could get a first hand opinion.

BSR,
I'm not sure the link is the exact same camera. I thought (but could be wrong) that when I read the box it wasn't a CMOS camera and I thought it said it was closer to less than 1 lux with the IR's. I'll check again tomorrow as I need to run by Sam's.

when I read the box it wasn't a CMOS camera and I thought it said it was closer to less than 1 lux with the IR's.

Rupp,

Reading the back of my box, it states on the specs: "Min. Illumination: 0.2 lux"

You are right Rupp, no mention of CMOS

Model is: OC960

-=dtperk

ClearToLand said:
dtperk said:
...Model is:  OC960

Model # OC960

(Original LINK is to OC950 - 6 LEDs, 2.0 LUX, 60' cable; OC960 shows 8 LEDs, 0.2 LUX, 100' cable)

Indoor only? :p
Yes, I think so CTL... It does not say anything about outdoor use. However, the operating temps are a pretty wide range. I would think if you kept it out of direct rain/snow and sunlight, it would probably be o.k.

the 960 does have 8 LEDs.

-=dtperk

Back