Choosing a coax F connector

Hi everyone. Sorry it’s been so long since my last post.

I’ve been looking for some coax F connector keystones to complete the trim out of my structured wiring project in a new-construction home. I like the Leviton 40782-CPF, since they crimp directly to the cable. I assume this would lead to less signal loss, however I noticed in the spec sheet that they are only rated/tested to 1GHz. Since I have 3GHz rated cable in the wall, I assume that I should also use 3GHz rated connectors. Will these connectors be a problem?

Regular barrel connectors, like the 40831-BW, seem to be rated for 3GHz. Are the direct crimp connectors like the 40782-CPF really better with relation to signal loss? Any help and wisdom appreciated.

Thank You,
CharlieGulf

I dont like the connecters that crimp (actually those are likely compression, and thats what you want. Leave the crimp connectors to the fly by nighters, junk for the most part) directly to the keystone. It limits future use. IE, if you want to change that keystone to a BNC or anything else with a F connector, etc, you have to cut the cable off and recompress a new fitting.

Also, just stick with the 3ghz. Satellite and many others things run higher than 1g. You may likely never know or need the difference but we are talking pennies here.

I prefer compression connectors as well, and should have used that term instead. Good point about changing out the keystone, I hadn't considered that, although I think it would be rare that I would need to do that on a coax cable. I’m mainly concerned about the quality of the signal, and making sure there are no bottlenecks.

If you are looking just for the connectors and not the whole block check out the Snap and Seal T&B connectors.

Back