CLD140/240E Solar Radiation or Light

HoneySeeker

Ok I have noticed much discussion about the CLD140 and CLD240E. But every thing I have seen thus far seem to indicate that what is being measured is light level. To me Solar Radiation is not the same as Light. If I am wrong kindly correct me? if there is a difference then how do you use the sensor to determine solar radiation as opposed to light level. i have looked for any application notes available but cannot find any.

HoneySeeker

Solar Radiation Detector may be a bit of a misnomer because the board does just measure visible light. I inherited the design and just kept the name when I started producing them. Sorry for the confusion.

Eric

Ok I have noticed much discussion about the CLD140 and CLD240E. But every thing I have seen thus far seem to indicate that what is being measured is light level. To me Solar Radiation is not the same as Light. If I am wrong kindly correct me? if there is a difference then how do you use the sensor to determine solar radiation as opposed to light level. i have looked for any application notes available but cannot find any.

HoneySeeker

Back