communicator failures wont clear on KP after clearing in logs

opticalc

My main issue for now is my KP alerting for non-current comm failures, not the eth failures I will speak about in a bit...

For whatever reason, my M1G's ethernet keeps acting up (multiple repeated eth fails and restorals  the system can be fine for weeks, then all of a sudden tons of ethe fail/restorals).  No other hardwired devices on this router are experiencing any issues, just the Elk.  I've also tried the Elk on different ports on the router.  When I resolve the eth issue by rebooting my router, my KP keeps alerting for communicator failure, even after the "1157 = COMMUNICATION FAIL RESTORE" is posted to the system log.

I tried deleting and readding the KP, same thing.

Very odd, and annoying.  Any ideas?

Ethernet is the primary comms route, telephone is secondary.  I am also using ethernet as remote access via myKeypad on my android phone.

M1G firmware is 5.2.10
M1XP firmware is 1.3.28

Any sort of test timer/heartbeat etc. by the service provider for monitoring?

The monitoring service should be able to tell you up/down times for the unit and the M1 should clear the trouble after being able to pass a packet successfully. Sounds like the M1 is catching an issue that the other items on the ISP are not.

Im using Alarm Relay, so theres not testtimer or hearbeat beyond what I program my communicator to peroidically test.

I have no idea why the KP isnt clearing the error after the comm failure clears in the logs.

Back