Contacting ABN fails

v1rtu0s1ty

Good evening folks. I have this ABN Adapter for almost 2 years now. I was never able to get the "calling to it" from outside.

NextAlarm's instruction, on their website, says

- Call the Alarm Broadband Network Outside Access Point (OAP), at (West Coast) (805) 856-9607 or (East Coast) (212) 937-7934

Then I follow the remaining instructions. It accepts my customer number and 4-digit ABN OAP PIN Code successfully. It will say, "Now connecting to your control panel". I will 5 rings then it fails with a busy tone.

How do I troubleshoot this? I am not sure if it's a firewall issue or I might be missing some setup on my M1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Neil

Good evening folks. I have this ABN Adapter for almost 2 years now. I was never able to get the "calling to it" from outside.

NextAlarm's instruction, on their website, says

- Call the Alarm Broadband Network Outside Access Point (OAP), at (West Coast) (805) 856-9607 or (East Coast) (212) 937-7934

Then I follow the remaining instructions. It accepts my customer number and 4-digit ABN OAP PIN Code successfully. It will say, "Now connecting to your control panel". I will 5 rings then it fails with a busy tone.

How do I troubleshoot this? I am not sure if it's a firewall issue or I might be missing some setup on my M1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Neil

Its never worked for me either.

So who could be the culprit? Could it be the ABN device? I remember but very vaguely that I was able to call my ELK when I was still using a real phone line. I'll have to check again.

Thanks!

So who could be the culprit? Could it be the ABN device? I remember but very vaguely that I was able to call my ELK when I was still using a real phone line. I'll have to check again.

Thanks!

I use an HAI panel and also had no problem calling it from a regular phone line when it was connected to one. Its a NextAlarm issue.

Is your 4-digit ABN OAP PIN Code the same as your alarm pin code? I had the same problem when I did mine and just entered a 4 digit code in the Nextalarm setup page. I found out it is suppose to be the same as your alarm code...worked. Now I have a problem with the ABN losing connectivity more frequently than before...but that should be another post.

Back