Cooper Aspire RF ad in CEPro

Herdfan

I found an ad for Cooper's AspireRF Z-wave products in the current issue of CEPro. I will post a scan of it later.

I thought I did but I'm not sure why it didn't posted. :(

Anyway, here it is. Sorry about that.

Edit: $#@! it is upside down. I rotated and saved it upright before I attached it. Not sure why it didn't take.

Attachments

• Aspire_RF.pdf
    125 KB · Views: 96
Did you put the outlet in the ad upside down too? :lol:
That drives me nuts. We walk through new construction open houses when we can and the builder was hosting one and I flat out asked him why he let the electrician put all the outlets in upside down. He didn't have an answer. :eek:

I think ground on top is code in a lot of places, isn't it? All commercial work seems to be done that way now.

I thought I did but I'm not sure why it didn't posted. :lol:

Anyway, here it is. Sorry about that.

Edit: $#@! it is upside down. I rotated and saved it upright before I attached it. Not sure why it didn't take.
That's ok. Acrobat has a rotate tool. :eek:

That drives me nuts. We walk through new construction open houses when we can and the builder was hosting one and I flat out asked him why he let the electrician put all the outlets in upside down. He didn't have an answer. :eek:

It is (or at least it used to be) in the province of Québec, Canada and it is brilliant. The ground prong protects the current prongs from something falling across the the prongs and creating a short.

It is (or at least it used to be) in the province of Québec, Canada and it is brilliant. The ground prong protects the current prongs from something falling across the the prongs and creating a short.

Ground on top is a metal cover thing. Here in the east, 90 percent of electricians put the ground on the bottom if there are plastic plates and if it is a metal cover plate you put the ground at the top.

In my house - the contractor installed all of the switched outlets upside down so when my wife or even I could not fiqure out why the outlet would not work, we would remember that it was switch controlled.

I can personally attest to the brilliance of this idea. When I was in college (a *while* ago), I used to do a lot of homework with a steel ruler.... sometimes while sitting in bed. Once, the ruler slipped and fell between the bed and the wall. ZAAAAAAAAP! Yup, there was an outlet behind the bed with a reading light plugged not quite all the way in. The electrical arc was strong enough to burn away the top edge of that ruler. Had the ground been installed 'up', that never would have happened.

steel rulers aren't cheap when you're 19, you know.... :eek:

[/quote]I can personally attest to the brilliance of this idea. When I was in college (a *while* ago), I used to do a lot of homework with a steel ruler.... sometimes while sitting in bed. Once, the ruler slipped and fell between the bed and the wall. ZAAAAAAAAP! Yup, there was an outlet behind the bed with a reading light plugged not quite all the way in. The electrical arc was strong enough to burn away the top edge of that ruler. Had the ground been installed 'up', that never would have happened.

steel rulers aren't cheap when you're 19, you know.... :)
[/quote]

Lay your ruler across the hot side to ground and see if it will spark !

Neil

Ground on top is a metal cover thing. Here in the east, 90 percent of electricians put the ground on the bottom if there are plastic plates and if it is a metal cover plate you put the ground at the top.

Yes that is an NEC requiement. Also you have to be careful with direct plug in transformers with the mounting screw on the tab. If the transformer does not have a ground (many dont) and you unscrew it the coverplate can slip and contact the blades of the transformer (and if its metal we all know what will happen).

The Canadian Electrical Code does not permit transformers with mounting tabs and screws.

[/quote]

Lay your ruler across the hot side to ground and see if it will spark !

Neil
[/quote]

IF YOU ARE GOING TO ACTUALLY TRY IT and I recomend you dont.............. Lay it across the neutral side (grounded) then the hot otherwise you will be the one lighting up not the ruler. :lol:

I doubt a reading light would even have a ground prong to protect anything so it would not matter which way it is installed. Plugs not inserted all the way (especially behind bedding) is an accident waiting to happen any way you look at or configure it. But I do see the logic, although I would not go so far as 'brilliant'.

Back