Design review in Seattle

hucker

I live in the Seattle area (unincorporated King County) and am looking for a local resource to review my automation/security plans prior to me beginning wiring/installation. I am most concerned about assuring that I meet all local electrical and fire code (e.g. between floor conduit fire requirements, required wire ratings for smoke detectors, backup power, conduit requirements etc). The house project is an extensive remodel and will have to pass all of the county inspections.

Of course I'd be willing to pay for expert advice.

Contact me through the CT list if you are interested.

To find an expert, you might ask one of the security trade distributors in the area like:
Clark Security NW in Seattle - 206-467-1460 or Group One NW in Bellevue - 425-454-9900.

Spanky said:
To find an expert, you might ask one of the security trade distributors in the area like:
Clark Security NW in Seattle - 206-467-1460 or Group One NW in Bellevue - 425-454-9900.
Thanks Spanky! I had no idea that Group One NW existed. They are quite close...

Chuck

We'd be happy to assist you. Please visit our website's contact us tab at www.architechtronics.com

Below, a user mentioned Group One, who is a wholesale distributor. We do work closely with Group One, and are confident that they would give us positive reviews.

Best of luck on your project.
Cheers!

I live in the Seattle area (unincorporated King County) and am looking for a local resource to review my automation/security plans prior to me beginning wiring/installation. I am most concerned about assuring that I meet all local electrical and fire code (e.g. between floor conduit fire requirements, required wire ratings for smoke detectors, backup power, conduit requirements etc). The house project is an extensive remodel and will have to pass all of the county inspections.

We'd be happy to assist you. Please visit our website's contact us tab at www.architechtronics.com

Below, a user mentioned Group One, who is a wholesale distributor. We do work closely with Group One, and are confident that they would give us positive reviews.

Best of luck on your project.
Cheers!

Jen:

You are about a year late! The house was done in august.

Ahh, that's fantastic! Hope it went smoothly for you. Thought I would check, often these take months for homeowners to finalize :)

Cheers!
Jen

Jen:

You are about a year late! The house was done in august.
[/quote]

Jen:

Smooth but slow. Life is more complicated than I ever would have imagined. I bit off a ton but it is going well and is fun. Thus far only one mistake and that is a door sensor that worked before sheetrock but not after. Of course it is impossible to get to... Other smaller 'mistakes' most of which are wishing I had run extra cat5 to various places...

ONe thing that might be worth doing for you (and cocoontech in general) is providing DIY design reviews. I would have been very happy to spend a couple of hundred bucks for an afternoon review of what I was doing. Cocoontech is great but I would have gladly paid for some direction upfront, it would have likely saved me tons of research time. Maybe Cocoontech could setup a page by geographical region, that listed installers who were willing to do such reviews...

Hucker , thats a great idea. Of course there is always lots of free advice but sometimes there is security and piece of mind in actually providing or paying for a service.

Jen:
Thus far only one mistake and that is a door sensor that worked before sheetrock but not after. Of course it is impossible to get to...

My original front door switches failed at sheetrock also, I was able to mount switches on the threshold and run the wires in the crawl. If you house is on a slab I don't think that would work....

Brian

Jen:
Thus far only one mistake and that is a door sensor that worked before sheetrock but not after. Of course it is impossible to get to...

My original front door switches failed at sheetrock also, I was able to mount switches on the threshold and run the wires in the crawl. If you house is on a slab I don't think that would work....

Brian

I'm not to the point yet of fixing that, too much other stuff to do. But I could drill straight down into the foundation and then through or do wireless, I'm just not excited to do that... The cqc demo is way more interesting right now!

I was looking at your pics and thought that it looked like puget sound. Then I noticed that it IS the sound. Nice to see a local cocooner!

Back