Door Access Solutions

vancek

Hey Cocooners:

We're in the process of purchasing a new building for our primary business. I'm an Elk fan, as are several of my of my co-workers. We're working through the security design and would like to use Elk. One of the primary goals of the new system is for badge activated door control. The issue I see with the Elk is that it is limited to 16 doors. Right from the start, I'm looking at controlling at least 14 doors based on the preliminary floorplan (12,000SF w/ 1 or 2 additional tenants).

Aside from native door access functionality, are there any standalone door control systems that are very compatible with Elk and provide a bit more scalability? Something I should be looking at instead of the Elk?

Thanks!
Vance

What about using 2 Elk systems?

Yea, we talked about that. Two challenges come to mind with that solution:

1) While the building is tenanted, there is still a common area where the main doors exist. I was hoping to not have the tenants (or us) have to disarm the common area and their area seperately. I was thinking some rules to disarm the common area and the tenant area when entering and to arm the common area 10 minutes (or some time) after all tenants have armed for the night.

2) The long term goal is for us to grow and occupy the whole building. Definitely don't want two systems in that scenario, unless there's some very seemless networking between them..which I didn't think was possible. Is it?

Thanks!
Vance

I would love to say ELk also...But, you probably be better suited to a Keri system. Available at any ADI. Easy to use and set up. I don't know of any Elk to Keri interface, other than relays and inputs/outputs.

http://www.kerisys.com/

Each PXL-500 Controller can handle 2 doors with a Satellite Board (SB-500).

I would love to say ELk also...But, you probably be better suited to a Keri system. Available at any ADI. Easy to use and set up. I don't know of any Elk to Keri interface, other than relays and inputs/outputs.

http://www.kerisys.com/

Each PXL-500 Controller can handle 2 doors with a Satellite Board (SB-500).

looking at the kerisys they have the following on their web site....

website said:
An important note regarding alarm system integration: These systems are capable of interfacing with the GE/Caddx NX-8 and NX-8E families of alarm products available through many distributors worldwide, and you'll be able to select this alarm interface option later in the process!

maybe this could also be intergrated with an elk somehow Spanky??

Back