index.php
File Name: mbMediaShortCutEx
File Submitter: chucklyons
File Submitted: 24 Sep 2011
File Updated: 13 Nov 2011
File Category: Premise
Author: chucklyons
Version: 1.3

New version of MiniBrowser MediaShortcutEx. Swapped out the Yahoo player for Sound Manager2. Uses HTML5 with Flash fallback. Tested on FF, IE, Chrome, WP7, Iphone4.(I don't have any Android devices; if someone could and give me feedback...) Haven't tried it on Safari. Currently supports MP3, M4a, wmv audio files.

MediaShortcutEx provides direct access to media from the minibrowser home page, bypassing the need to play media from a zone, thereby allowing local playback from browser based devices (pc, tablet, phone).

Video coming in next release. (works fine in my test enviironment).

Installation.

Unzip file. Move SM2 Directory DIRECTLY under Premise/SYS/Web. Import .xdo. (it adds the module and the 'validclass'). Will be found under Modules->Minibrowser->Classes->MediaShortCutEx. Add the following to the head section in Modules->Minibrowser->Globalscripts->MiniBrowserFunctions.

Code:
'add soundmanager
sHTML = sHTML & ("<link rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css"" href=""/sm2/flashblock.css""/>")
sHTML = sHTML & ("<link rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css"" href=""/sm2/inlineplayer.css""/>")
sHTML = sHTML & ("<script src=""/sm2/soundmanager2-nodebug-jsmin.js""></script>")
sHTML = sHTML & ("<script type=""text/javascript"" src=""/sm2/inlineplayer.js""></script>")

Add a MediaShortcut under 'Home'.

Done.

Usual Caveats. Let me know if you have issues.

Click here to download this file

A couple of things I have found..1) there is a lag time between starting the movie and when it actually starts..apparently .mp4s have the metadata enbedded 1/2 way or at the end of the video. So I used a program called MP4FastStart which works great. Eliminates the start time. One side effect is that you can't ff the video...

The other, if I had been at work and trying to stream my .mp3s via Yahoo Media Player, is that the ObjectId show up as the name in the Yahoo Media Player OUTSIDE of the domain (at home, it shows track name). I'll put up a fix this w/e.

Still working on the AV Modules. Television is done. PVR and DVD are done. Receiver is almost there. I have been trying to figure out how to handle the layouts. Each one seems to have a little different need.

So I went with some widget route. Basically, you can choose the layout...(see attached). I am working on the cookies part so the state will be retained after the session. Otherwise (like now), it reverts back to the original config. It works for both the buttons and the channels, so offers a lot of flexibility.

I'm really looking forward to the dial feature for the receiver... :blink:

Attachments

• Premise_Canvas.gif
    Premise_Canvas.gif
    39.1 KB · Views: 8
Nice work Chuck. I still mostly use the Automation Browser but it is nice to have an option for all these new cheap tablets, it is too bad you couldn't just remove the sysconnector requirement from the automation Browser.

Thanks, Wayne. I'm extremely pleased with - primarily because of the javascript component (I only managed people who know js) ...which was a huge learning curve for me! Of course, javascript is the 'j' in AJAX, which (I think?) would largely replace the sysconnector component.<SARCASM>.and my wife is really looking forward to that effort!</SARCASM>

As etc pointed out on the ZWave module - a lot of credit is owed to 123 :pray: . He made it much, much easier for me to figure out how to do the js (and vbscript) changes. And I am in awe of the testing he had to do to make such a solid module!

Hopefully, he is doing okay !!!!

New version of MiniBrowser MediaShortcutEx in Downloads. Swapped out the Yahoo player for Sound Manager2. Uses HTML5 with Flash fallback. Tested on FF, IE, Chrome, WP7, Iphone4.(I don't have any Android devices; if someone could and give me feedback...) Haven't tried it on Safari. Currently supports MP3, M4a, wmv audio files.

MediaShortcutEx provides direct access to media from the minibrowser home page, bypassing the need to play media from a zone, thereby allowing local playback from browser based devices (pc, tablet, phone).

Video coming in next release. (works fine in my test enviironment).

Installation.

Unzip file. Move SM2 Directory DIRECTLY under Premise/SYS/Web. Import .xdo. (it adds the module and the 'validclass'). Will be found under Modules->Minibrowser->Classes->MediaShortCutEx. Add the following to the head section in Modules->Minibrowser->Globalscripts->MiniBrowserFunctions.
Code:
'add soundmanager
sHTML = sHTML & ("<link rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css"" href=""/sm2/flashblock.css""/>")
sHTML = sHTML & ("<link rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css"" href=""/sm2/inlineplayer.css""/>")
sHTML = sHTML & ("<script src=""/sm2/soundmanager2-nodebug-jsmin.js""></script>")
sHTML = sHTML & ("<script type=""text/javascript"" src=""/sm2/inlineplayer.js""></script>")

Add a MediaShortcut under 'Home'.

Done.

Usual Caveats. Let me know if you have issues.

Attachments

• SM2_1.gif
    SM2_1.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 4
  • wp7_SM2_P.jpg
    wp7_SM2_P.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
  • iP_SM2.gif
    iP_SM2.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
Back