C

chucklyons

File Name: mbMP3Player - Beta
File Submitter: chucklyons
File Submitted: 09 Jul 2011
File Category: Premise
Author: chucklyons
Version: 1.0 Beta

This is an MP3 player that plays in the minibrowser. Essentially, you can create a mediashortcut, then drill down to your mp3s, and listen, using the Yahoo Mediaplayer that is built into the module. The refresh interval gets set to '0' while listening, as a refresh causes the music to stop/restart.

THIS IS BETA. It works well and doesn't cause any other effects that I have seen...(and now I can listen to my mp3s at work...)

It creates a new minibrowser module called 'mbMediaShortcutEx' which is the core of the change. It also modifies mbGoUp to allow going up the media chain.

As always, back-up and all of the usual caveats of using user-developed modules from the forum. Let m know if you see any bugs..

To Do's:

I have a formatting issue to resolve (blue text vs white)..
Extend beyond mp3s - currently you can see other media; you just can't play them
Replace the Yahoo Mediaplayer with something else. I want to be able to play movies; I'm testing a couple of different players that will work across phones...

Enjoy!

Click here to download this file

Attachments

• Screen1.gif
    Screen1.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen2.gif
    Screen2.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen3.gif
    Screen3.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen4.gif
    Screen4.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
While I don't use .mp3s, all my music files are .flac or m4a, I just wanted to say thanks for al the extra functionality you have added to the Minibrowser.

Thanks for the kind words...as far as playing .m4a, I am able to play m4a files in explorer and firefox, after you add the .m4a extension to the Media Hard Drive Directory Extensions. Why not in Chrome, I don't have a clue. I'm slowly moving away from the YMP, so I can play videos, as well. I'm looking at something more cross-platform...

And I did find the errant bug causing the text to be blue vs white...sometimes the Builder doesn't know what I want to do...
tongue.gif

I have continued to work on getting video to play in the mini-browser. The attached pix show mp4s doing as much. The MB can now play mp3s, mp4s and flvs. (similar to the AB- Automation Browser..the default browser w/ Premise)
The media shortcut works, so you can go directly to the media source without drilling down thru a zone. For music or movies, you can drill thru the selection list, choose the song or video, and play/watch within the browser.

Lots of quirks I need to fix. I want to have both play thru the Flowplayer vs Yahoo for media and Flowplayer for video. One might ask 'but it doesn't play on IOS?'). Skyfire should address that. BUT, now that I understand how make it work w/i the MB, I'll move to an HTML5 solution with appropriate fallback...I can hardly wait. Although my wife says she can ;)

For me, this was my first big foray into javascript and integration of other SW. Not my usual day to day hands on work.(..those who can, do; those you can't, manage...). The hard part (for me!) was trying to figure out how to make the media selection play in the player...

I have code cleanup, some bugs to clean-up. It works, and I am thrilled. A big thanks to 123. His use of JS in the MB gobalscripts helped me understand HOW to use JS within the builder...

Now AJAX doesn't seem so daunting!

p.s. All of that copyright stuff applies for the snap of the video...

Attachments

• MediaProviderShortcut.gif
    MediaProviderShortcut.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
  • MovieMediaFolder.gif
    MovieMediaFolder.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 3
  • MB_Movies.gif
    MB_Movies.gif
    43.9 KB · Views: 6
Nice work Chuck! The video screenshot looks great.

So is your MB using an msense like scheme to select and play mp3's/videos/channels etc? I finally dug into msense with the AB; it seems msense will power on a device, but not power it off. I think there's some improvements we can make in how the AB msense version functions.

I've been busy with other things, but hopefully I can get back into playing with minibrowser and examine your code in detail.

PS: how's z-wave working? I think it's a nice technology in that you can pick and choose from many manufacturers and things work.