integrate

File Name: Various Drivers
File Submitter: integrate
File Submitted: 4 Sep 2009
File Updated: 4 Sep 2009
File Category: Premise
Author: Damon Deen
Version: ?

Some old drivers I found. And some associated source code. These are in various states and developed to fulfill a particular project or client, not necessarily to support an entire manufacturer's line or feature set.

Audio Design Associates
Autopatch
DirecTV
Infocus
Integra
Leviton Vizia RF
Marantz
NAD
Panamax
Pentair
Sony 777
Weeder Tech
WGL Designs

Click here to download this file

Until now, the only available examples of C++ source-code were for the UPB and Panja drivers. At long last, two more examples (Weeder Tech and WGL Designs).

Thank you! It's Xmas in September!

PS
Could you post the compiled versions of the WeederTech and WGL Designs drivers? I don't believe most Premise users have the means of compiling the source.

Thanks Damon! Very nice of you to donate these, I'm sure a lot of your time as well as your staff's went into these! Newbie's like me learn a lot from looking at examples (which appear to be very useful).

I can't wait for the cable installer to come and hook up my internet so I can look at these tonight. It's folks like you and 123 (who really got me interested in Premise with his helpful posts) who have got me hooked on Premise. I come from an engineering background and Premise is by far one of the neatest and most useful programs I have ever used.

Cheers from IL,

Ellery

So I tethered my cell phone to my laptop to get internet and what do I see? Leviton RZC0P-1LW Vizia dll AND source code! The RZC0P-1LW looks to be Z-wave compatible and offers two way control with thermostats, lighting etc... I'd say this makes my day.

Anyone know of a thermostat that will work well with the RZC0P-1LW? I just scored the rs232 controller from ebay :D

Leviton RZC0P-1LW Vizia plug-in serial interface module - RS232 ASCII interface. Used in a residential setting where a serial interface is required to integrate with other home automation systems. This is done through a RS232 connection with a PC based application used to configure a home automation system. This is ASCII based and requires a high level of programming skill. Features include:

Provides RJ11 connector for RS232 or HAI® cable connection
Rated 120 VAC 60Hz
2-way communication between related controllers and module for changes initiated locally
Protected memory maintains device ID programming during minor power fluctuations
Green Locator LED
Includes serial cable and HAI connector cable
Z-Wave compatible
Robust MOV for superior surge protection
Built-in protection against damage and memory loss due to static discharges
Indoor use only

The Vizia driver doesn't support tstats, as there weren't any available at the time that looked even remotely decent. We always used aprilaire 8870's. But you have source code so you can add tstat support.

Damon,

Thanks to your generosity I sure do have the source code so I can add it :D I think this is definitely something I'll explore in the future as I don't want to fish Ethernet cable in the wall to install a 8870 (although from what I hear, it's a great thermostat). I'm guessing all I need is Visual Studio 2005 to compile the new driver? I haven't used a compiler since college, so it will be neat to figure out again. I'll be on the lookout for a used copy of VS 2005 now :D

Damon,

By chance do you have access to the Proceed AVP source code. It was under development when Premise was sold.

Thank you.

Damon,

By chance do you have access to the Proceed AVP source code. It was under development when Premise was sold.

Thank you.

I do but that's currently Motorola property and can't be disclosed. All the drivers I posted were written post-Motorola.

-Damon

Hi Damon,

Since we're making requests, any chance you have a multi zone driver for an audio/video receiver (Integra/Onkyo is preferred)? I was trying to develop one on my own, but I had difficulty getting the tuner to work correctly with msense and the applicable keypad in the automation browser doesn't work. While there are multizone modules out there, none of them use an AM/FM tuner so any contribution would be a great help to newer users like myself.

Hi Damon,

Since we're making requests, any chance you have a multi zone driver for an audio/video receiver (Integra/Onkyo is preferred)? I was trying to develop one on my own, but I had difficulty getting the tuner to work correctly with msense and the applicable keypad in the automation browser doesn't work. While there are multizone modules out there, none of them use an AM/FM tuner so any contribution would be a great help to newer users like myself.

The Marantz driver I posted supports multizone. Not sure about the keypad interface for the browser as we never use it.

Thanks Damon,

The Marantz driver is a great example to work from. I appreciate the reply. FYI: Your zwave dll is working great for me so far. Many thanks! I have a used copy of VS 2005 coming in the mail, so I can dissect it later and learn a thing or two.

I guess I ought to update the Wiki and indicate that Premise supports zwave and all the other goodies submitted by Damon.

Back