Premise [download] WeatherUnderground

Motorola Premise
Thanks for the compliment!

My API key is still valid, and the module continues to function, but the end is near. Truth be told, I no longer need it. Being a Canuck, I rely on my Environment Canada module. All my weather-related automation logic is driven by EnviroCan's data.

Well, 31 Jan has come and gone.
The WeatherUnderground Module is still working! Even popped up three (3!) weather alerts... :blink:  I guess having the PWS upload data work(s)…

Dead this a.m. It valiantly tried to access the WU API, only to die in a bloodless coup.
They are providing you the ability to generate a new API key, one that is 32 digits long.
At a quick glance, it appears that you will need a Personal Weather Station coupled with your API key in order to get the data.

I was looking at a different weather service http://darksky.net in addition to this new WU. Or maybe resurrect the Weatherstation module.

Bad news is no weather for a while. The good news is my weather is stuck at 70 degrees  ^_^

Mine is still active and I still do get weather here.

Only thing is that my membership dates have changed and due to expire next year.

WWUN.jpg

That said I disconnected my two weather stations from WUN when they went commercial (weather dot com) a few years back.

IBM did mention now a new paid subscription for weather.

It looks like IBM has settled on a business model where users of data pay and contributors of data get a free pass.

Currently using NOAA and Dark Sky and Openweather map dot org for last year or so and it is working well.

There is an API that I downloaded for use with Dark Sky.

I saw my membership dates changed as well - I did read they started doing 'rolling' disablements of API access, which would explain the seemingly random loss of weather data. Thanks for the tips - the Dark Sky and Openweathermap.org APIs seem straightforward. Next on my to do list, I guess.