DS9097U-A & Terminal Apps

Since there's doesn't appear to be much (any) support for Mac 1-Wire stuff, I'm trying to roll my own. I'd like to know if the DS9097U-A works with a terminal app which can send bytes back and forth (actually, I plan to use it with Serial Bridge). It's not clear to me that it would work with this.

If so, is there "decoding" information available?

Since there's doesn't appear to be much (any) support for Mac 1-Wire stuff, I'm trying to roll my own. I'd like to know if the DS9097U-A works with a terminal app which can send bytes back and forth (actually, I plan to use it with Serial Bridge). It's not clear to me that it would work with this.

It took me a while to figure out how to get the sample code from Maxim to compile under X-Tools but I managed. I'm using a DS9097. One of my biggest headaches when I first tried the CLI examples was figuring out the port name (DS2097-1). There was no hint anywhere in the docs. I think I finally figured it out from a web search. I currently have the DS18S20, DS2405 & DS2450 1-wire devices. I have written CLI programs for each of them that do the basics, ie. read temperature, set the 2405 output, read the 2405 input and read all channels of the 2450. Each program will either read/write all corresponding devices on the net or a specific serial number. I'm also working on master program which will scan all devices, display their status, allow controlling outputs, do some basic logic commands and interface with other software.

Your URL above is a no joy.

I've never worked on a Mac (especially since they got a lot more open-source friendly) but is it possibly OWFS (OneWireFileSystem) is a choice for you? The beauty is that all the initialization of the hardware is done for you, and all the data is there like so many files in the directory...anything can chat with that.

OWFS is at http://owfs.sourceforge.net

It's what I use, though it's on Linux, on an old fanless (and cost-less) Celeron 400 built into my trailer. The perl code is so easy to process and format the data, even I can do it. :>

Back