electric parking brake on Volvo

Yup; here my air bag reset tool just connected to the ODBII port and menu options on it are limited to resetting the air bag error code.  I have only used it once and probably will never use it again.

Last oil change here at 3rd party place tech showed me a little book / document they had to reset codes for service just using the odometer buttons.  Wierd it was like one press for 3 seconds, then two short presses then a menu came up on the LED display where the miles are, temps and so forth are on.  He went to a service interval option / message and reset the oil change stuff.  I recall the MB TD having similiar diagnostics on just the AC control panel and being able to check functions, pressures and temperatures.

I got the Autel EBT210 yesterday and it works to retract the rear brake pads and put the brakes in service mode. The tool will work on Mercedes, Audi, VW and Volvo and was a bargain on ebay because the seller did not know how to test it and I accepted as-is.

So I'm all set now but I'm surprised that no one replied here that they have done this job themselves. Am I the only gearhead around here. Pete and DEL - I know that you like to turn some wrenches but where's all the mechanics on this group?

Mike.

Back