Elk Data Bus Hub Options?

Squintz

I don't need a lot of databus ports at this time but I do need both type. I currently just use a wire nut to make the connection but that is getting pretty sloppy really fast. I want to start doing new databus wiring using the RJ45 Hub. However I also want to use the Retrofit Hub for the existing connections which are done using 4-conductor wiring.

Are there any Hubs that have both retrofit and RJ45 connections available. I would prefer not to buy both if it means I could save some space in my enclosure.

Squintz said:
Are there any Hubs that have both retrofit and RJ45 connections available. I would prefer not to buy both if it means I could save some space in my enclosure.
This may not be the solution your asking for, but the retrofit hub is pretty small. In my system I attached it to the right side wall of the cabinet across from the ELK M-1 data bus connector. I used four 1/2" high nylon washers and four #6 1" metal pan screws from Orchard Supply. I needed to pre-drill the holes in the cabinet, but otherwise it was pretty easy and it keeps the retrofit hub out of the way yet right next to the ELK data bus output which has come in handy a few times.

Ohhh, so it is not as big as it looks in the images then. I did not know it would fit on the side wall. In that case space would probably not be an issue.

Back