Elk M1 Cutoff Timer not working

yrkd05

I'm trying to set the cutoff timer so that when the alarm sounds, it will only ring for say 2 minutes and then stop. In ElkRP (using version V2.0.24) on the "Cutoff Timers" tab, I set timer #1, BurgDuration, to 120 seconds. This has no affect and the alarm goes indefinitely until someone disarms it. the other timers are set at default 600, except for FireDuration is set to 65535.

What am I missing?

Zone type? What are you using to trip it? What was the verification method? Was this downloaded to the panel or programmed via KP?

Fire should not time out as a matter of SOP.

Sorry, not sure I understand your questions.
- Zone type: I have 30 some zones/sensors, all hard wired. We have them for doors, windows, motion. If any of these can be tripped and the alarm goes off, and never times out or shuts off. Alarm just keeps going until someone disarms
- verification method: don't understand
- the set up was created in ElkRP and then downloaded to the panel. The system has been installed and working for nearly a year, and I'm just now getting around to looking into this particular issue.

I would think setting cutoff timer for burglar would cause the alarm to sound for what ever the timer is set to, and then stop. Apparently that's not correct?

What version FW?

Which output(s) are you verifying?

Are you using speakers or sirens? Additional items (TWA?)

What zone types? Programming details would be needed. Do you have areas? Zone response times?

I have quite a few M1's and EZ8's out there and have never had a bell output not stop, so provide more details about your install, programming, etc.The global timeout is just one portion of the equation here.

my M1XEP boot version is 2.0.2, and FW is 2.0.30

I don't understand the question " Which outputs are you verifying". The alarm goes off, usually motion, and doesn't ever time out until we disarm it.

I have 2 sirens on the system, plus I believe there is a built in alarm as part of the panel (?)

Regarding zone types, we have 30 or so zones/sensors, all hard wired. We have them for doors, windows, motion, glass. Most are set to "Burglar Perimeter Instant". I don't see any other timers associated with any of them other than the cutoff timer tab. I don't see any "Zone response Times" for instance, not sure what that is.

Regarding areas, we just have "Area 1", everything is within that area.

You're not answering the questions, which is going to make determining what is going on 10X more difficult.

The XEP doesn't make any difference here. Panel firmware.

Are you using sirens or speakers? Have you verified the attached outputs? Have you used a meter on them?

The ZT's don't sound appropriate, you should generally have a few delayed, a few interior follower and others being perimeter instant. Is that the case here.

Have you looked at the logs?

If you have PIR's set for perimeter instant, most likely you keep retriggering them into alarm, so the bell outputs will not time out.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am trying to answer your questions. I'm not a professional as I'm sure is obvious, just a struggling homeowner. It may help to know that the system was installed by a professional, and has been working great for over a year (except this cutout timer issue). I've tried contacting the original installer, but for some reason he's not responding (may have retired, not sure). So I'm struggling here instead, my understanding was that this website was for professionals and folks like me, hopefully that's still the case. Anyway:

panel firmware: In ElkRP I see the following, hopefully this is what your asking:
- system type: M1G
- Hardware Version: 0.13
- Boot Version: 3.3.6
- Firmware Version: 5.2.10
- Voice List Version: 0.8

I have 2 sirens on the system, plus I believe there is a built in alarm/siren on the panel(?).

Regarding zone types, yes exactly as you describe. Most are perimeter instant, but also have Burglar entry, interior follower, fire, heat, water, Interior night delay, interior, interior night

Logs don't indicate anything out of ordinary from what I can tell. Below is a typical entry after an alarm. I tried pasting into this post, doesn't work for some reason, so typing them in (could be typos). The messages are (more recent at top):
1146 = RESTOR BURGLAR ZONE       Garag Dr2house (Zn11)
1240 = ZONE UNBYPASSED               BDRM 3 Window (Zn 52)
1174 = AREA DISARMED    (User 3)
1300 = EXEPTION OPENING    (User 3)
1003 = BURGLAR ALARM      ANY AREA     Garage Dr2House (Zn 11)

I don't know what a "PIR" is, so don't understand when you say "you have PIR's set for perimeter instant, retriggering them into alarm, so the bell outputs will not time out"

Again, the system was set up by a professional who handles lots of Elk installations, so I would think in general things are set up properly (?), and everything works fine just doesn't stop alarming once set off until someone types in the code.

Back