ELK M1 Gold send e-mail after 5 mins of Input

I was thinking to power down the router and M1-XEP via the output relay, when I receive the low battery signal from the P1215 at 11V. I lose a bit of autonomy that way, but don't crash the router every time...

It would send the low voltage email, wait a minute and then shut down communication.

When AC Restore happens, I turn the router and M1-XEP back on.

TriLife said:
I was thinking to power down the router and M1-XEP via the output relay, when I receive the low battery signal from the P1215 at 11V. I lose a bit of autonomy that way, but don't crash the router every time...

It would send the low voltage email, wait a minute and then shut down communication.

When AC Restore happens, I turn the router and M1-XEP back on.
That sounds like a workable plan.  When the battery drops below 11V, there isn't much capacity left in it anyway.  Depending on the discharge rate, is probably about 93% used.  It's going to drop from 11 to 10 to 9V pretty quickly at that point.  Using the 11V warning to send your e-mail and then shut down should work nicely.

That test is running as we speak. I disconnected AC from the M1 and the P1215 almost 3 hours ago. I'll let you know, how it goes in the morning...

Thanks again for all your help RAL!

Turns out the P1215 is busted. The low battery signal is permanently pulled low and the voltage cutoff doesn't work at all...

Plan B: put all 27Ah on the M1 charger and power down router and M1-XEP upon low battery alarm...

Turns out the P1215 is busted. The low battery signal is permanently pulled low and the voltage cutoff doesn't work at all...

Plan B: put all 27Ah on the M1 charger and power down router and M1-XEP upon low battery alarm...

Back