Elk/Ness M1 Gold & Marmitek XM10 PLC

LittleBlackDuck

Hi all,

Is there anyone out there successfully using the Marmitek XM10 PLC with their M1/G? There seems to be very little in the way of documentation on this, and Google hasn't been much help either.

Another post on these forums seems to indicate it should work but doesn't explain how.

I've plugged my XM10 into J5 using a standard 4-wire phone cable as the manual suggests, however there seems to be no communication happening between the XM10 and my M1G. If I send X10 commands via other X10 devices, the light on the XM10 flickers to indicate it is receiving X10 data off the powerline, but the M1G never seems to receive anything. When I try and send lighting commands via the M1G the light on the XM10 never flickers (also indicating a lack of communication between the two devices). I've tried JP2 in both 1-way and 2-way settings with no luck.

If this is a known problem, are there any other options for using X10 and an M1G in a 240v country (I'm in Australia)? My M1G is running the latest firmware (v5.2.8). I've got X10 devices working successfully throughout my house so I'm quite happy to stick with them for my Home Automation, I just want to integrate X10 with my M1G now.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ducky

Hi,

Did you have any luck with this? I'm in Australia too and I'm interested in doing the same thing..

Back