EMAIL with WC32 or WC8

BTCAD

Is the ssl feature works with the WC32 ? it seems not working for me. I'm using webcontrol board since 2010, never had to use ssl before. Now i have to switch to ssl and nothing seems to work. Anyone can help?

Not sure but Considering the changes to TLS over the years, you're probably going to have to figure out something that is old-school (plain-text).

I have two WC boards, lucky for me I'm not sending email from them.

Due to the library from MicroChip did not have any new email updates, the sending email function only works with previous email standards. If you are sending email for notification certain status, it might be easier to use WEBSET to send that information to a server. Each WEBSET call actually sends board's MAC address, so that it could be identified which board was sending. In addition, server CGI could also base on the received code to send back the instruction for board to act on.

I'm using a bunch of WebControl 8 controllers that do not support SSL. I have to change hosting service so working to make sure I sign up with one that allows non-SSL email but as a fallback figured I could take the hit and switch over to WebControl 32 even though I don't need the extra horsepower. Looks like that is not an option, good based on OP's post, good to know.

CAI, my account is now created on thingspeak.

My plc test code is :

start
webset url16 t1
delay 5000
end

in content setup page, url16 in the content row : "To Email or Post URL" :https://api.thingspeak.com/update?api_key=MY_THINGSPEAK_WRITE_API&field1=

and finaly nothing in .. webhook settings

Do I have to write something in this field?

There is nothing in the thingspeak channel page in field 1. Im pretty sure i miss something .
WEBSET could not resolve IP address for an URL, so that proper way to do that is:
Configuration setup two temp sensors.
Added webset configuration and ThingSpeak.com site:
URL1: 144.212.80.11:80:api.thingspeak.com/update?api_key=JH4K47S4E8C8AF2H&field1=
URL2: 144.212.80.11:80:api.thingspeak.com/update?api_key=JH4K47S4E8C8AF2H&field1=

In those two setup, put IP address and port, so that WEBSET actually directly talk to their host and port.

"CAI, here is my configuration page, I changed the URL to the one you gave with my own API key. Anything else in the webhook settings fields?

Last edited:
I was not in the good page. I'm so stupid lol. Ok got it working. I never used this webset function. this is awesome. thank youfor the tips.

Any hosting site if allowing perl script, one could write his own script to take WEBSET. That way you can not only take in report, but also from host server send back action commands.

Back