Expand Elk to cover motorhome next to house?

relay

Ok, so we are upgrading our trailer to a motorhome come this weekend which has already got me thinking about what I want to do to it.
1st off, I would like to expand the Elk to give me coverage while parked at home.  On the road is a different story I know.
I have a few extra wireless door sensors but I am thinking of just putting in a wireless motion of which I have a couple brand new spares lying around.  They are 60-511-02-95 / DS924I Pet Immune PIR.   During the winter, would the wireless motions work when it gets below freezing?  If not, are there models that would work for this application and with the 1 way Elk wireless receiver that I have?

Any thoughts if that is even the right direction or should I be thinking of something else?

It's an older unit with tube tvs so I already know I will need to rip out all the old tech and install new flat panels. 
I need to look into 12v options for building a media server so I can simply copy a portion of what's on my home server out to the motorhome and use some micro HTPC attached to the LED tvs for entertainment.  If 12v is no go then I might have to run local inverters at each locale or perhaps install a large pure sine wave inverter to cover all over the coach.
I want to replace all the lighting with LED lighting to reduce the heat and longer run time on the house batteries.

Not sure what, if any automation could be applied to it as I have never owned one before so this will be a bit of a learning experience.

Wish me luck :)

Thanks!

The temperature will cause a false at some point on the PIR....not if, but when.

You can do RF, however when you move the unit, the larger issue is going to be the lack of supervision and the M1 is going to be looking for the RF devices. You can turn that off, but that's going to negate a huge positive aspect that the RF end should really have.

Without benching the application, I'm 99% sure that even bypassing the sensor would prove troublesome since the panel is going to be looking for it to check in anyways.

You could possibly do a system in only the RV and then use a RF relay to trip the M1, but as detectors added to the M1 itself is going to be troublesome.

The hardwired way would be to use a 5 pin connector and then tie zones to the M1 and assign to another partition.

Back