Frustrated with quality music streaming

manxam said:
Speaking of which, I'd love to hear any DMX song bleeped for radio. It would just be a guy barking like a dog every few seconds :p
That is a very accurate statement. Could you imaging a drinking game to a DMX song bleeped out where you drink on the bleeps. Alcohol poisoning...

Alright, only give them access to Mozart's vault on Sonos. Aparrently classical music helps develop cognitive skills and is supposed to be calming. Force some culture on your childen and turn off that f***ng (sorry, I just had to!) hip-hop! No wonder you worry about what your childen listen to :)

Speaking of which, I'd love to hear any DMX song bleeped for radio. It would just be a guy barking like a dog every few seconds :p

That's funny! LOL

And actually my kids said they wanted to have music to fall asleep to and were getting tired of the classical music i had put on their iPod classics several years ago. so guess what Pandora channel i setup, yep, a classical one. It wasn't exactly what they were hoping for but oh well. So good call Manxam! HAHA

My daughter asked me to turn on the music tonight so I felt like messing with her. I pulled up the Sonos app, selected Pandora and did a genre search for country and picked some classic Johnny Cash. My daughter came into the room less than a minute later with me laughing my butt off. She didn't find it nearly as funny but I've got to have my fun. Sonos isn't cheap but it works well and the Sonos app is nice for controlling music in a home.

David

first off if you want quality Sonos is not the way to go.  It is convent and has nice accessories but uses compression to deliver the music there amps are medioacor.  A lot of people are adding a DAC now but if it is not great to start...  If you want a little better the Nuvo p200 I think sound much better and it is a similar system.  But a good wired system like a Nuvo GC with external amps still can't be beat.   We did do a sonos with extranal amps and it sounds much better they are what they are cheap, decent and made to appeal to the masses in this mp3 age.

I agree...I'm actually considering getting one of my Sonos Connect's modified with a higher quality DAC as I have compared Sonos playing FLAC vs my computer and an outboard DAC playing the same song. I'd describe the difference as a veil. The higher quality DAC had more detail and was more 3 dimensional.

One other piece of good news since I posted my rant was that Sonos now streams to non-computer devices at the same quality level as computers. Still not good enough for critical listening but they will sound good for background listening.

Back