• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

FYI - I found a fairly good dimmable CFL

tmbrown97

I just got my newest electric bill for the new house - :) $680!!! ;) First reaction was that I had one of the "SmartMeters" that was faulty... so we compared electricity usage to my other house, which is currently vacant with nothing but a fridge, the Elk, the pool pump for 4 hours/day, and the thermostat set to 81 degrees - usage there was ~1900 KWh (Bill is under $200). This house, usage was only ~2500KWh - so it seems low to me honestly for a 4K sq. ft. house. The difference is they're charging $0.40/kwh in the upper tiers!!! You guys with single-digit electric rates - I'm so jealous!

Anyway - I'm still in sticker shock here... the purpose for my post however, is that I'm looking at LED's and CFL's to see what I want to replace around the house, and I want to gain dimming... so I'm just looking around. I came across an article about PureSpectrum that may be of interest...

http://savannahnow.com/exchange/2010-08-31...-business-model

Sounds like they have a decent product, but they're teetering on the edge of extinction at the moment. Hopefully some other players will step up or they'll get their act together soon.