GE 350CX Smoke Alarms

murlyns

I have just installed Two GE350 and One GE350CX smokes and cannot get the relay to activate on the tandem circuit hooked to my ELK panel.

To be clear:

The smokes all test well on the tandem circuit and the relay activates when the 350CX is tested? but only on the 350CX not when the other two are tested via the button or by smoke....activation!

before I send this back to Automated outlet has anyone got any idea? the 350CX is operating like a 350CC...all the markings say it is a 350CX.

thanks

I have just installed Two GE350 and One GE350CX smokes and cannot get the relay to activate on the tandem circuit hooked to my ELK panel.

To be clear:

The smokes all test well on the tandem circuit and the relay activates when the 350CX is tested? but only on the 350CX not when the other two are tested via the button or by smoke....activation!

before I send this back to Automated outlet has anyone got any idea? the 350CX is operating like a 350CC...all the markings say it is a 350CX.

thanks

I have six 350's and two 350CX's and they operate as you would expect... when any of the 350's go off the relays on the 350CX's trip. The only other thing I might suggest if you haven't tried it yet is to see if the 350CX (or the other 350) actually sound when you test one of the 350's. If the tandem cicruit is hooked up correctly when one smoke detector goes off they should all sound. I don't recall if they all sound when you use the test button on one of the smokes, but they will definitely all sound if you use real (or canned) smoke. If you're not getting all of them to sound at once then I suspect that something is wrong with your tandem circuit. If they do all sound at once, then it certainly sounds like the 350CX has a problem.

HTH,
Brett

I have tested the tandem bus and it works just fine set off one and the rest go off... just the relay does not work on the tandem bus just you use the test on the 350CX.

I have tested the tandem bus and it works just fine set off one and the rest go off... just the relay does not work on the tandem bus just you use the test on the 350CX.

Yeah, definitely sounds like a bad 350CX I'm afraid.

Back