Greetings from Central PA

kaosweb

Obligatory Long time lurker comment...

We finally broke ground on our new build.  Its been a long time coming.

My contractor is letting me in to wire and install all of my goodies.  Here is a quick list of what I am planning.

4000 sq/ft

- OmniPro II
- Motions and contacts throughout the house including interior and exterior doors
- 2 RC2000's with extra interior and exterior sensors (GeoThermal System)
- Surround sound in great room (Triad speakers with Denon AVR)
- Russound (6 zones)

- I am a backer of SmartThings on KickStarter, so it will be interesting to see how it integrates

- I am also a backer of Ube and plan to install them all through the house

Also purchased haiku and haikuhelper already

Hopefully this project will give me a chance to become more active on the forums.

kaosweb said:
I have a couple Foscams I will probably set up.  Havent thought it out completely yet.

kaosweb said:
Obligatory Long time lurker comment...

We finally broke ground on our new build.  Its been a long time coming.

My contractor is letting me in to wire and install all of my goodies.  Here is a quick list of what I am planning.

4000 sq/ft

- OmniPro II
- Motions and contacts throughout the house including interior and exterior doors
- 2 RC2000's with extra interior and exterior sensors (GeoThermal System)
- Surround sound in great room (Triad speakers with Denon AVR)
- Russound (6 zones)

- I am a backer of SmartThings on KickStarter, so it will be interesting to see how it integrates

- I am also a backer of Ube and plan to install them all through the house

Also purchased haiku and haikuhelper already

Hopefully this project will give me a chance to become more active on the forums.

Hi Kaosweb - I checked out that Ube campaign on Kickstarter... looks pretty intriguing. Hopefully it gets funded. I'd heard about smart things. This is really the kind of thing that needs to come to market to get the common folk involved on the DIY side. 

Any word on an android app for control? 

ja3hawk said:
Hi Kaosweb - I checked out that Ube campaign on Kickstarter... looks pretty intriguing. Hopefully it gets funded. I'd heard about smart things. This is really the kind of thing that needs to come to market to get the common folk involved on the DIY side. 

Any word on an android app for control? 

With Ube, they are going to have a Android app, not sure on SmartThings - I think eventually.  Utz from Ube actually called me this morning.  I had a bunch of misc. questions around integration that I had sent via KickStarter and he offered to call me and discuss my project as well as theirs.  

The call definitely helped my to realize I made a good decision to back Ube.  I am looking forward.  They have a lot of vision, but are also very sensitive to what "we" the users want. 

Back