HA A/V distribution comments?

bucko

I'm putting my whole house A/V system now. I could use a little input from you guys that have "beemn there, done that".

I have an M1 Gold, Vera 3, Panasonic AE7000 projector. Denon 2805, Dune Smart HD, XBOX, CD Jukebox, Sat TV, 2 LED HD Tv's. Going to get 1 more AV amp to put into the mix and a monoprice HDMI switcher.

I would input the 2 AVR's, Dune HD, XBOX, and Sat box to the HDMI switcher. And output the projector and TV's off the switcher. Controlling the switcher matrix is easy enough for via my Vera 3.

But ultimatley I will use Ipads for all my HA and remote functions. Does this mean I will have to pop for an SQ Blaster + as well? Anybody have other ideas?

All my HA and AV stuff is located in my server room on the 1st floor of my 3 floor townhouse. Everything is home wired to there. The TV's are on different floors and speakers are throughout the house.

At first I thought the HDMI switcher would eliminate the need for an SQ Blaster. But now I wonder. Seems I need the SQ Blaster anyway.

What do you all think????

My wife likes to watch her cooking shows while she moves around in the kitcen, laundry room and kitchen nook. These LCDs are all in attached or connected rooms.

I added IR remote functions to these LCDs to her DVR such that she could pause move and start her cooking shows. I don't though currently utilize IR for any home automation. I did though put in IR with the RG6 cabling in the house many years ago. (so its available wherever I ran RG6 many years ago).

Back