HA newbie: smart wifi-enabled controller for iPhone app?

glendc

I am doing research on smart programmable wifi (or blue tooth) enabled controllers. Ideally what I want - write and upload program/script to it, discover it with on my iPhone, run my custom iPhone application (I am an iPhone application developer), read some output and then display on iPhone. The controller will need the external sensors/gadgets to measure voltage, current, water level (if water is higher some acceptable level). Please note, it's not a home automation, it's sailboat/powerboat automation hence the controller should be customizable enough and not very home-specific: no HVAC, no home theater, no motion sensors. As a starter, I want to think about the most critical parameters: battery health, water level in bilge, how solar panel/wind generators are effective, what drains most power. It can be Bluetooth-enabled and doubt that it can be Zigbee-enabled (at least I am not aware of any ZigBee-to-Wifi converters).

And I am open to discuss any ideas that might involve iPhone. As I said, I am iPhone application developer and have a couple apps in iTune App Store. Thanks

Back