HAI Omnistat questions

Oznavad

I have an omnipro ii panel and have recently aquired a couple of rc2000's.. Somewhat of a HA rookie and trying to figure some of the install out.
First, the install manual references a comm jumper. My stats dont have them. Did early versions not have the comm jumper?
Currently im just using stats asmstand alone. Looking at my panel, i see that original installer has zone 16 occupied by co2 sensor. Can stat be connected elsewhere, or odes co2 sensor need to move to another zone?
Next, i'm not sure if i can contol two heat sources from same stat? The room is primarily heated with radiant heat, but i also have an electric heater coil in my trane air handler as back up heat. The room is fairly exposed and on sub zero days, the radiant heat has trouble keeping up. Thats when i put on the coil unit to blow in some hot air. So i currently use 2 thermostats. One contolling the Trane unit for cooling and hot air and a second for radiant heat. Can i get them all on the omnistat so hot air only comes on when radiamt heat cant get t o temp? I'd even be happy with the ability to manually turn on the hot air when needed since its only used a few days per year.
And lastly, the other omnistat that i have controlling another trane ac seems to send multiple attempts to start the condenser before it succeeds. At the compressor, you can hear the switch click every 20-30 seconds for 5-6 times intIl the compressor finally starts up. Never had any problems with a generic thermostat.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated

The T-stats have to be connected to zone 16 and output 8.

The Comm jumper is just a U shaped piece of wire that jumpers terminals 1 and 2 together.
The jumper is used for HVAC systems that have a single 24VAC control transformer (used for both heat and cool).

The Omnistat 2000 does multi-stage heat and cool.
One heat source would be connected to terminal 6 (Heat 1) and the second heat source to terminal 4 (Heat 2). The relays in the T-stat route the 24VAC control signal to the appropriate source.

Does your second AC unit provide sufficient 24VAC power to the T-stat?
You may need a T-stat power module.

yeah, when the compressor clicks on and off a few times, is the OmniStat also clicking on and off?  Is the LED lighting on the OmniStat flickering?  It isn't normal for a compressor to take multiple times to start, but that could be a compressor problem as well as a thermostat problem. 

The problem you might have with controlling radiant floor heating might be the load.  The Trane controlling the hot air likely won't have a problem being controlled by the OmniStat, but radiant floor heating sometimes uses special high amperage thermostats.  It may take some tricks getting both heaters to work with the OmniStat, but it should be possible.

Maybe the issue is with 24v coming from ac unit, though it does go on eventually, No flickering at the stat, only noticable outside at compressor. The second stat will control same model trane. I'll see if it behaves the same.
The radiant heat just triggers a circulator pump to the manifold so I;m guessing I'll be OK
Thanks for the help. We'll see if I can get the stats working right

Back