Haiku Haiku/Space seem dead - what are you migrating to?

My best friend says he hates his Echo but I have to tell you no matter what is new in terms of HA centers around the Echo.  I preordered a 6 pack of the Echo Dots because I too us the HA-Echo-Bridge and it works so well with Haiku Helper, the Omni and everything that I can't wait to have one in every room! I know you want tighter integration but it really does work well.  I know can set Temps on my thermostats, turn on and off lights and press buttons.  I wish it had some capability to ask "What is the temp on the Kitchen" or "Are the lights on in the Kitchen" and get an accurate answer but that would be tighter integration for sure!

The new product will be lightyears ahead of HaikuHelper, we're working on it. It can do full-fledged automation and integration with various protocols, not just OmniLink. It is the heart of the system now, not just a "helper". We also have OmniLink + HomeKit working ;-)

lupinglade said:
The new product will be lightyears ahead of HaikuHelper, we're working on it. It can do full-fledged automation and integration with various protocols, not just OmniLink. It is the heart of the system now, not just a "helper". We also have OmniLink + HomeKit working ;-)
Any timing?

Our local Community Collage has 2 classes coming up, Java Script and HTML which class should I take first, so I can ease into working with HH/Space??

Thank's for the help
CJW-PIC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tannebil said:
OpenHAB. I use it with HomeKit via Homebridge but the OpenHAB iOS client works OK as well. Although all I use with my Omni is dry contacts and UPB so your mileage may vary.
Has someone already written a tutorial to set up openhab for an omnipro under ios?

lupinglade said:
We're just getting into Alpha, hope to release around spring 2017. I've posted more info in a separate thread.
How very smart of you to make the new product multi platform. Hopefully with a large install base this may make the new product to actually be worth your while to keep it alive and pay you for your time. Its too bad the space community had to pay for your forward thinking though.
Thankyou Space users for your sacrifice.

Robramm said:
Has someone already written a tutorial to set up openhab for an omnipro under ios?

There are lots of tutorials floating around for both Homebridge and OpenHAB 1.x. However, every platform is a bit different so it tends to require a bit of head-scratching, trial-and-error, and looking at examples to get working.  I used an OS X virtual machine for Homebridge and another for OpenHAB so that I didn't have to worry about interaction effects and it was easy to reset back to a working point when a change went sideways.

They work pretty well together although you get the occasional oddity where a change in status of a device doesn't get signaled up the stack properly but that's been more a problem with SmartThings-Homebridge than OpenHAB-Homebridge. OpenHAB presents the problem of going with 1.x which is stable and decently documented or 2.x which is the future that's not quite here yet. It seems to have a decent number of users but there's just not as much stuff posted about it yet.

There is an issue that came up with iOS 10 that broke dimmers so my lights all had to be redefined from dimmers to switches. If I want to dim them, I have to use the wall switch or the OpenHAB client.

There's a Slack team that can help with configuration of Homebridge and I'm happy to share my Homebridge/OpenHAB configs/experiences.

lupinglade said:
We're just getting into Alpha, hope to release around spring 2017. I've posted more info in a separate thread.

How about you wait until people have had a chance to critique the new one, and point out all the bugs and issues so that you guys can ignore them and not fix any of them, which would give people time to migrate to different software?

Pardon my frustration, but after the Space debacle, I don't trust that your new product is going to do anything at all. At the very least, you should be waiting until after your new product release before killing off Haiku helper. I wasted $50 on Space. It hasn't been updated in 19 months. I am happy to support software developers, as I am one, but Space leaves me with less than zero confidence.

bitNine said:
How about you wait until people have had a chance to critique the new one, and point out all the bugs and issues so that you guys can ignore them and not fix any of them, which would give people time to migrate to different software?

Pardon my frustration, but after the Space debacle, I don't trust that your new product is going to do anything at all. At the very least, you should be waiting until after your new product release before killing off Haiku helper. I wasted $50 on Space. It hasn't been updated in 19 months. I am happy to support software developers, as I am one, but Space leaves me with less than zero confidence.

Yes I agree with that, and it is not great to turn off use and then not have a replacement solution for another 2 to 3 month.  I have very little confidence in this developer...

The push service is being discontinued due to a licensing issue with the domain, its not really under our control. We're working as quickly as possible to get the new product out to you.

Back