Hanging My speakers

drozwood90

Does anyone have a suggestion on hanging speakers?

After getting into my new house, I found my front channel speakers need to be hung, otherwise the right front speaker will be on the floor...in the middle of the hall.

I have a soffit that is large enough to "hold" the speakers (that is they will be aesthetically pleasing), and I can hang it from the ceiling joists above.

I'm going to post a picture as soon as I can get one.

The speakers weight maybe 10-15 pounds...

They are 10.5" wide, by 10"deep, by 18" tall. I plan to put them on their side (tweaters on the "outside" of the surround area).

Thanks!

--Dan

Attachments

• EntCntr.JPG
    EntCntr.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 32
What type of speaker is it? Do they have brackets, or are there brackets available from the manufacturer?

What type of speaker is it? Do they have brackets, or are there brackets available from the manufacturer?

Infinity speakers. J389-009648

No Brackets. I'm not sure if there is a kit from Infinity. I'll have to look.

They are rather on the large side...

--Dan

Again, how high are you planning on mounting the front speakers?

I'm going to tip them sideways, then put them up at the sofit.

about 15 foot off the floor. I think hanging them from the ceiling is what I'll need to do (but they'll be hidden by the soffit).

(see attached modified picture)

I ran out of room for the right arrow. It is actually in front of the soffit (as shown for the left speaker).

--Dan

Attachments

• EntCntr2.JPG
    EntCntr2.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 38
A speaker bracket that allows for tilt, etc is probably best, but if you don't care about tilt and just want a decent flush mount, a picture hanger, like the cleat, or straps with wire, could work.

I bought speaker brackets from monoprice. While the ones I got where fairly small (used for my rear surrounds), I'm sure monoprice has brackets of all different sizes that would work.

They come in a two part bracket. Screw one end into the speaker's back, and the other end into a ceiling joist and they should be solid enough. Your speakers don't need to have a bracket for them to work.

EDIT - add link
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

Back