Help me choose Outdoor Motion Sensor

I can trigger traffic lights to change with my steel bike's frame by careful positioning to the embedded street sensor - I don't think my ignition system is helping.

I can trigger traffic lights

Recall my dad when he was in his 80's would drive / flash his brights at red traffic lights and just proceed thru the intersection.  Dad said the flashing of his brights would change the traffic signals.  I never did see a traffic signal change when he did this.

pete_c said:
Recall my dad when he was in his 80's would drive / flash his brights at red traffic lights and just proceed thru the intersection.  Dad said the flashing of his brights would change the traffic signals.  I never did see a traffic signal change when he did this.
He was partially correct. Many signals back in his day had sensors on them that detected the strobe lights on fire vehicles and would give that direction of traffic the right-of-way. Just flashing headlights would not do it, but I could see how some people would believe that it would. The flash had to have a very fast rise and fall time to register. Systems like that are still in use, but they are a bit more sophisticated today.

Many people have trouble with large motorcycles triggering the city provided loops at the traffic lights.

Try two MS units with contacts in series. They aren't likely to both false at the same time.

Back