Help with Elk and Insteon integration

ElkridgeTerp

DIYer here.  I've replaced my very old Omni system with the Elk M1 Gold.  I've kept the existing X-10 until I get around to replacing with Insteon.   Everything thus far seems to work, X-10 control, Email (yes I got that to work), alarms, rules, etc.  I've installed my first Insteon switch and am able to control it via the ISY software.  The ISY software is current.  I've purchased the Elk Module for the ISY software. I've done an export from ISY and import into the Elk RA software.  Elk M1 and network interface are current for both boot loader and firmware.  The Insteon switch shows up in my lighting list, so the export/import appears good.   The ISY software sees my Elk zones, so the two systems see each other.  Problem is I can't seem to control the Insteon switch via the Elk system.  I can see it on the control panel, but there is no response to any on/off commands.  

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I'm at work right now, so I won't be able to test anything right away, but will respond back with results for future readers.

ElkridgeTerp said:
DIYer here.  I've replaced my very old Omni system with the Elk M1 Gold.  I've kept the existing X-10 until I get around to replacing with Insteon.   Everything thus far seems to work, X-10 control, Email (yes I got that to work), alarms, rules, etc.  I've installed my first Insteon switch and am able to control it via the ISY software.  The ISY software is current.  I've purchased the Elk Module for the ISY software. I've done an export from ISY and import into the Elk RA software.  Elk M1 and network interface are current for both boot loader and firmware.  The Insteon switch shows up in my lighting list, so the export/import appears good.   The ISY software sees my Elk zones, so the two systems see each other.  Problem is I can't seem to control the Insteon switch via the Elk system.  I can see it on the control panel, but there is no response to any on/off commands.  

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I'm at work right now, so I won't be able to test anything right away, but will respond back with results for future readers.
To each his own I say.  I have the same setup but my ISY perform handles all the scheduled lighting events as well as reacting to sensors and Elk zone violations. e.g. lamp comes on when an exterior door has been open for more than 30 seconds.  Prior to getting the ISY and replacing all my x10 and zWave modules with Insteon equivalents, I had the Elk controlling the lighting, etc.  Again, personal preference, but I find the ISY to be easier to program and 99% reliable.  BTW I eliminated zWave from my HA environment in favor of Insteon.  

I'm in no way tied to one particular solution for my programming needs.  If ISY has greater capabilities, I can go down that path.  So would I connect the PSC05 directly into my network rather than into the M1 for x10 control?  The M1 would really just be used for my hardwired security contacts and user console?  

ElkridgeTerp said:
I'm in no way tied to one particular solution for my programming needs.  If ISY has greater capabilities, I can go down that path.  So would I connect the PSC05 directly into my network rather than into the M1 for x10 control?  The M1 would really just be used for my hardwired security contacts and user console?  

PSC05 isn't required, since PLM module attached to ISY994i handles all communication with Insteon as well as X10 devices.  PLM sends signals over the powerline as well as wirelessly, so dual-band Insteon devices will react to either signal.  Head over to Universal Devices for an intro

Back