Help with turning on an output with a command from linux command line

TJF1960 said:
I have tried every variation I can think of to turn on an output from a linux terminal command line such as:

Now that I don't have any hair left can someone help me out please?

You're familiar with wget, so I'll use that here:

Just tested this and it's working perfectly fine.

/usr/local/bin/wget --user=admin --password=password --timeout=1.0 -t1 -q "http://192.168.1.5/api/setttloutput.cgi?output=1&state=0"

Change the bit in red to the IP address of your WC, the bit in green to the ttl output number you want to change, and the bit in blue to 0 or 1 as required.
(Of course, this is assuming you have the default username and password. Change as appropriate)

Thank you. Not sure what happened but it works fine this morning. I had played with a version of that example trying double quotes as was suggested in the manual, changing user/password positions, everything i could think of. I am sure I had tried single quotes as well. But today it's working!

Thanks very much,
tim

As for the old BRE versions, is it api/setoutps.cgi?0000W0=TTL3+OFF or setoutps.cgi?0000W0=TTL3+OFF ?
Using in the Bowser it is without API
Using it with WEBSET a second parameter has to be added, since WEBSET requires two parameters, but that does work with any number at the end, apparently.
thanks

Efried said:
As for the old BRE versions, is it api/setoutps.cgi?0000W0=TTL3+OFF or setoutps.cgi?0000W0=TTL3+OFF ?
Using in the Bowser it is without API
Using it with WEBSET a second parameter has to be added, since WEBSET requires two parameters, but that does work with any number at the end, apparently.
thanks

The right answer is no \api in the string and web log in disabled....
/setoutps.cgi?0000W11=TTL1+ON

Back