Higher Watt Z-Wave Dimmers, Switches Now Available

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Smart Products announced that is now shipping their new higher wattage HomePro-RF Z-wave Dimmers and Switches.

Z-wave is a technology that transforms a "dumb" device into a networked device that can be controlled by remote or via a home networking system.

"It's another first for Smart Products" said Scott Klodowski, Vice President of Sales. "The ZDW120 2-wire, 600 watt Dimmer, ZDW103 800 watt, 3-way Dimmer, ZRW153 15 amp 3-way Switch and the AS101 Auxilary Companion Switch for 3&4 way circuits are all available now."

Read the rest of this press release

Motion detector and thermostat should be available by the end of the month...

WHICH MONTH?

I'm guessing that this is probably another one of those pre-mature press releases. It history repeats its self then we wont see any of the new high wattage switches for a while.

And whats a 3-way dimmer?

according to the press release, the higher wattage switches are shipping 'already', so at least there is some new hardware now ;)

Squintz said:
Motion detector and thermostat should be available by the end of the month...

WHICH MONTH?

I'm guessing that this is probably another one of those pre-mature press releases. It history repeats its self then we wont see any of the new high wattage switches for a while.

And whats a 3-way dimmer?
Thermostats have been out for a couple of months now.

Rupp,

From what I have heard about those themostats by HomeSeer and RCS they are not worth a dime. It's simply an RCS them with a module shoved in it to allow it to me controlled by Z-wave. It was not designed with Z-wave in mind from the start so I doubt that it uses the full potential of z-wave.

Do you own one of the RCS thermostats? If so what are your opinions about it?

Squintz said:
Rupp,

From what I have heard about those themostats by HomeSeer and RCS they are not worth a dime. It's simply an RCS them with a module shoved in it to allow it to me controlled by Z-wave. It was not designed with Z-wave in mind from the start so I doubt that it uses the full potential of z-wave.

Do you own one of the RCS thermostats? If so what are your opinions about it?
Yes I have 2 RCS TX15B's and I have had nothing but excellent service out of them for three years. The only thing I wish they had was an adjustable temp range for turning on and off rather than a time limit.

I have installed many RCS TXB16's and they also work great.
They do have the ability for dual automatic set points which I believe is what Rupp was stating he wished that his TX15's had.
Mahalo,
Shawn

HAL_MAN said:
I have installed many RCS TXB16's and they also work great.
They do have the ability for dual automatic set points which I believe is what Rupp was stating he wished that his TX15's had.
Mahalo,
Shawn
No actually I was talking about the fact that the tstat comes on at 74 and turns off at 75 and then back on at 74. I wish there was a way to set it to come on at 74 and go off at 72 and then not back on until it reaches 74 OR some type of adjustment on the minimum run time of 5 minutes.

Rupp,

The price comes from ACT...

We hope to have them in stock in the next week or so. Backlog orders will be filled first. We already have about 150 on backlog.

Wow - they aren't any cheaper than UPB!

<Edit: I see some of the low Wattage versions are less expensive. All the UPB switches are 1000W, no options for anything less >

Back