Premise Home Automation Support

Motorola Premise
C

chucklyons

I picked this up in my email today - I thought it relevant given how many times we have seen the 'Premise is unsupported' arguments...

'On September 1, 2012 Exceptional Innovation will be retiring the Life|ware® product line for the residential market. After seven years of providing Life|ware software and hardware products in the CEDIA marketplace, we have made the difficult decision to no longer develop the Life|ware suite of products for home automation due to the cost of development, maintenance and support far exceeding the limited revenue stream realized from the residential vertical year over year. Exceptional Innovation will focus on realizing and growing solutions for other vertical applications via direct sales that garner a better return on investment for the technology platform investment made by the company to date.

Our current version of software for the residential market, Life|ware 2.0.7, will be the final version of the software. While we will continue to support existing software and hardware installations for this version of software through our Life|support call center, the official retirement of the software means that we will no longer be providing upgrades, fixes, or partner device updates for the residential product line.

Please know that should you or a customer require software support, such support will still be available for you to contract at a rate of $85 per hour. Hardware support will similarly continue to be available at a rate of $65 per hour, plus any applicable parts replacement and shipping costs. New license activations will continue to be done free of charge with an associated software purchase.

For further purchases of Life|ware hardware, we have made excess inventory available at a discounted rate on eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/ei480. Any hardware not currently available on the eBay store can also be purchased through Life|support at a discounted rate as well. Check the eBay site often as new items are being added to the store regularly.

Thank you for your support of Exceptional Innovation and our Life|ware hardware and software products through the years. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.'

I watched a few of their youtube videos. The media center integration is very well done. Too bad they are discontinuing it with Windows 8 coming out... How Premise like is the software and will they make it free? If they do, I'd definitely try it just for the media center features.

Back