Homeseer 2.0 only for Internet Explorer

While it bothers me as well, it's a fact that IE is just a more flexible platform when it comes to producing very complex applications, so the decision is understandable, and hopefully the interface will be compatible with other browsers in the near future, once they have the time to make these changes.

I just ran into the exact same issue at my work. The programmers originally made the application firefox compatible, but now it no longer is, preventing me from converting regular PC's to dumb workstations. Today, I told my boss to email them this url: http://www.macromedia.com/newsletters/edge...trackingid=BIDC

I thought that was old news, but a quick search couldn't confirm it. I wouldn't go off the deep end until you confirm Rupp's comments.

It is old news, it has been discussed on the HST forums before, it's just that not many people saw that message I guess.

I'm always near the deep end. :)

Rupp doesn't make mistakes does he? :) After all he is THE voice of Homeseer.
(or at least the only one other than Rich with credibility)

I emailed HST 2 weeks ago for another chat session, giving them a chance to talk to their customers instead of seeing threads dedicated to rumors etc., but I never heard back from them.

Actually, I would rather them stay coding instead of chatting with us. HS2 is close, but still has some distance to go.

I've been hearing that tune since.... hmmmm January 1st?

Plus, I seriously doubt they could not afford 45 minutes of time at 9PM.

IM(ns)HO, as always.

If I recall correctly I think Rich stated that it would be dependent on IE at first and then they would work out the other browser kinks. I know where I work we only code to IE and that's it. Thanks for the confidence Ski but yes I make plenty of mistakes I just cover them up with post volume. :)

electron said:
While it bothers me as well, it's a fact that IE is just a more flexible platform when it comes to producing very complex applications
It's not true that IE is more flexible. What IS true is that IE combined with IIS ASP.net and ActiveX controls can be a lot more like a desktop experience without a lot of programmer effort. Firefox's programming environment, however, is MUCH more flexible than IE offers. IE, however, has more server-side controls and better server-client integration *at this point* in time.

Good info wkearney99 and welcome to CocoonTech.

Edit: Ah, I see you joined back in December, thought you just joined as this was your first post. Hey, with the info you have, post more often please!!! :lol:

wkearney99 said:
IE, however, has more server-side controls and better server-client integration *at this point* in time.
hence my point that it is more flexible for very complex applications :lol:

electron said:
wkearney99 said:
IE, however, has more server-side controls and better server-client integration *at this point* in time.
hence my point that it is more flexible for very complex applications :lol:
And C++/VB/etc. are even more flexible.

An important consideration is "at what point is it no longer really running through a browser." If your web interface requires more and more stuff that only works with all these additions, why bother with a web interface at all?

Back