HomeSeer jumps on Raspberry Pi Bandwagon with Zee

az1324

Here is an interesting new product from HomeSeer based on Raspberry Pi.

http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-P1599.aspx
HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee Home Automation Controller
Our Price: $199.95

Main Features
  • Z-Wave Gateway Controller (no monthly fees)
  • Fanless, Diskless Operation
  • Easy to Set Up
  • Includes Powerful Event Engine
  • Includes Free Apple and Android Mobile Device Apps
  • Supports Spoken Announcements, Alerts and Reminders
  • Fully Customizable Email and Text Alerts
  • Supports Z-Wave Locks, Thermostats, Lights and Sensors

5% off with coupon HTZ- 5P

Here looking forward to giving the new HS3 on Linux a spin. 

Should play nice with the new written to run on Linux HS3 HAI plugin.

I preordered one this morning; wanting to play with the software as I am also playing with the mce linux software at this time; but more familiar with HS3.

BraveSirRobbin said:
So this comes with HS3 installed?  Can you add plugins?
No plug-in capability. According to the forum responses, the device comes with "a version of HS3." The version of Linux currently installed does not support VBScript, but does support vb.net scripts. The plugins are unsupported because they are DLLs and not compatible with Linux. According to the boards, HS is considering a later release that supports plugins.

az1324 said:
The question is can you image the SD card and stick it into more raspberry pis?  :nono:

My guess would be yes, but just like the other HS software, it'll be in trial mode on the other hardware until activated.

It's good to see the Pi being used for all sorts of applications, but on the flipside, just because you can do something with the Pi, doesn't mean you should!  It was developped as an education board for schools, and IMHO is now being over stretched on certain implementations.  I wonder how the Zee will run when fully loaded up with all sort of setups.  The pi can get bogged down fairly easily from what I have heard.

I'm right up there with Damage & Automate, BeagleBone Black is much better...  Faster CPU, better CPU instruction set, faster RAM, on board storage and waaaaaaaay more IO pins!  For $10 more than a pi.

Tim

Linux HAI plugin? That would be great!  Been waiting to see them update the status on that for the standard HS3 before taking a test run.

Pete, if you could message me or reply here I would be interested in understanding how the Linux plugin would eventually function with HS3 running in MSW.

I currently have a OPII panel, zwave PIM, and UPB PIM sitting in a box ready to be installed in our home we are remodeling when i find the right interface software.  I was holding off as I did not like the options.  And HS's plug in was outdated and HS3 in beta.  Due to that i have not installed any automation, switches, etc.

Jon

Pete, if you could message me or reply here I would be interested in understanding how the Linux plugin would eventually function with HS3 running in MSW.

Apologies BAL, never saw the post.

I have run remote HS3 plugins concurrently with HS3 for the Zee and they work fine.  

HS3 Zee runs in Mono just fine as does its big brother HS3 Pro in Linux (running here on Ubuntu 14.04).

Back