How to copy text into thread

Hmm,
hoping that forum moderators may jump in at some point to give insight - will try different settings until then.
BTW, am using Flash without problems
Rainer

I used this tool to quote you above...
index.php

I used the Image tool (see below) to embed the image above... and the URL tool (see below) to do embed the URL of that picture HERE

index.php

LarrylLix said:
Pasting doesn't work in this forum. The software has never been set up to accommodate most users.

The Windows GUI commands don't work. Either does clicking the "Quote" button on the forum.

None of the tools work except for the <> one. If you click the "link" button you will be hung and have to reboot the forum.

This is not a new problem here.

I've shown that pasting does work, as does the "Quote" button (used again here)... and the Image and URL tools too.

No problems here :ph34r:

EDIT: Oh, and that emoticon (above)... was selected from the toolbar as well ;)

@Larry,

Can you do a series of snapshots of what it is you see or do not see and post them on Microsoft  / Google?

I personally use Polybytes / Polyview 64 bit in Windows / Linux these days to do screen pictures and edits. 

The author has since retired and the application is free now.  I have attached the newest free version of Polyview.

Polyview

I did the attached picture using polyview; then editing the picture for posting.  Takes a few seconds to do this.

Using Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit / Firefox / Polyview 64 bit running in Wine.

polyviewsnapshot.jpg

I'm on Windows and do all screen shots via Alt+PrintScreen (copies active window only), paste into Paint, and Save As jpeg.

Yeah the only difference is that Polyview will let you edit JPG picture and resize it. 

It is my alternative to using Adobe Photoshop and while very simple has many more features than Microsoft paint.

IE: I do the same except copy the screen print to Polyview; then crop out stuff and resize picture.

polyview.jpg

An alternative would also be a desktop browser video recording of what exactly that Larry is doing.

You can download CamStudio for free here.

I don't bother resizing... I just use the built in tools from the gallery. See the options for Small, Medium, and Large below:

index.php

This all works on the same forum software used by UDI but not here.
Here, there are no emoticons, pasting or quoting.
This has been a complaint for many users for at least a year, since I have been here.

These are the same restrictions for IE 10, IE 11, Edge, Win7, or Win 10.
However, tools do work from Raspian Midori browser.

It would seem when IE upgraded and added some features, just when the OS wars started, many sites decided to not support MS displaying stupid messages like, "You have an outdated browser. You can download Chrome, or we'll continuously try to force it on you forever"  :) I always just figured this was another throwback OS attack on MS products, so resided myself that the forum  was never going to work. About a year ago the <> code tool started to work and pasting can be done in that tool, only. Other tools hang the browser requiring input and there is no way out of them without restarting the browser(s).

Well the rest was just deleted by hitting the backspace grrrrrrr...  the wrong spot, again, so I am not going to retype those several paragraphs of experiment results.

Most of this has all been reported  including who to discuss this with at UDI, after they fixed their same forum software, via the "contact us" at the bottom of the pages about a year ago.

LarrylLix said:
This all works on the same forum software used by UDI but not here.
Here, there are no emoticons, pasting or quoting.
This has been a complaint for many users for at least a year, since I have been here.

I just showed that all of those things DO work here ;) 

drvnbysound said:
I just showed that all of those things DO work here ;)

Some people still don't believe it. I've had no troubles with it either, but we better be quiet or they'll burn us at the stake....

If I read all comments corectly, your pasting is described as adding pics. The original question was about copy pasting text. Believe it or not, but form on all of my pc's and tablets it does not work. Hmm

Back