How to get higher quality voice on the Elk

That amp does seem to be a better deal than the W800, plus, as you stated, it has two channels.

I wish mixers would have terminal strips in lieu of 1/4" phono plugs.  I would be tempted to just open the case and bring out two channels to terminal strips...

Yup; here have used the Elk w800 in one automobile for bluetooth / VR stuff now for over 10 years. 

Working well today.  It is buried somewhat and next to the bluetooth / VR module.

I've always been into using a variety of different voice fonts for Homeseer.

Before I went to using Russound; purchased an Audiosource amplifier.  Its very functional and the price was reasonable.

Still using it today mixed in with now 12 zones on the Russound stuff.  It is connected to an AB8SS speaker switcher. (providing more sound sources today). 

http://www.audiosource.net/products/electronics/amplifiers/amp-100/overview/

BTW you can make the TTS "portable" with Homeseer using the speaker dot exe application.

I use it a bit bit with the HSTouch clients. 

I have one client talking a variety of TTS fonts mostly non english to bug my wife..

nice Pete.  I'm looking forward to using that TTS with some little jogglers around the house - I did buy HomeSeer and I'm working on getting my devices set up now.  Soon I'll start working on the HSTouch screens for them too.

I saw their "whispery" voice - that could really freak my wife out in the middle of the night!

Are you using the HS voices or have you brought any outside voices in for HS?

Started to play with TTS in the 1980's with little pc's.

First alarm panel purchased had TTS and X-10 control around 1988 or so.

With Homeseer originally started with AT&T voice fonts, then went to neospeech 32 bit voice fonts. 

From the Neospeech voice fonts have played now with a variety of voice fonts (32 bit and 64 bit including other languages these days) from different companies. 

Some I like some I do not, some are realistic others are not.  I keep playing.

Geez; it would be great to create your own personal voice font; wondering if there are any DIY's out there.

Then add a bit of AI to Homeseer, VR and you can just ask Homeseer to create an event for you.

Back