[How-To] Stream video with Windows Media Encoder

its a netgear..i accessed the port forwarding thing..and its asking me for Service Name Start Port End Port Server IP Address..i dont know what to put in each of these boxes..

Hi having slight port problem with broadcast over LAN:

I'm using (settings):
Windows Media Encoder 9 series VERSION 9.00.00.2980
Video - WinFast TV200 XP Expert WDM Video Capture
Auido - Realtek AC97 Audio
-Pull From encoder
-Full screen video (CBR)
-CD quality (CBR)
-1064 Kbps 29.97 fps Same as input

The problem is that the port always have to change prior to previous use. other wise there are no picture or the device does'nt open in the WME 9 series.
As soon as I close the WME9 and reopen it with a different port, it works.
If I do change the port without closing WME and restarting it.... it just freezes, cant' end the proces and have to restart windows as well (Win XP Pro SP2)
I did try to disable my firewal and so on but doesn't help.
Are there any way to keep the same port number because I always have to let the other people know what the Live Stream adres is. And it is time consuming.

The other slight problem is that WME9 doesn't open the sound device of the WinFast TV tuner and to do that I also have to open the PVR (with no picture because the WME9 is busy with it) program witch enables the WinFast Tv Tuner's sound.

Except the port problem, the streaming is working excellent.
Thank you.

I'm at university, streaming over a 100mb/s connection, with 50 users connected to the streaming my cpu usage is about 38%

The users opens the url in Windows Media Player with "mms://143.*.*:port" but the port still have to change each time I run WME.

Back