HS 2.0 Isn't The Only Good News Today!!

BraveSirRobbin

Any true hockey fan would agree with me, eh!! :D

NHL, NHLPA reach agreement in principle on new CBA

NEW YORK/TORONTO (July 13, 2005) - The National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association have reached an agreement in principle on the terms of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Details of the new Agreement will not be made available publicly pending the formal ratification process by the NHLPA Members and the NHL Board of Governors.

It is anticipated that the ratification process will be completed next week, at which time the parties will be prepared to discuss the details of the Agreement and plans for next season. No further comment will be made until then.

NHL News Source

<rant>In my eyes, the players lost the little respect they had left by cancelling the season because they didn't get enough money. What happened to playing the game for fun! But I guess that's something which affects every sport, not just the NHL.</rant>

No, it's because medical costs for teeth and bone fracturees are much higher in hockey... LOL.

Glad they are getting somewhere, wish it had happened before I decided to move out of the area here - the home of the Florida Panthers is 2 miles from my house but I'm moving away...

Friday, July 22, 2005

The National Hockey League's Board of Governors today ratified the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiated with the NHL Players' Association, ending a 310-day work stoppage, ensuring the Pittsburgh Penguins will resume play for the 2005-06 season, and signaling a new era of cooperation and partnership.

"Today, our Board of Governors gave its unanimous approval to a Collective Bargaining Agreement that signals a new era for our League – an era of economic stability for our franchises, an era of heightened competitive balance for our players, an era of unparalleled excitement and entertainment for our fans," said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.

Back