Insteon control via rs232?

EricT

I am controlling a Centralite Starlite with a mx900 remote to the msc400 controller which connects to the Starlite controller via a rs232 connection. So to turn on a light, I simply send ^E ddd ll rr (where ddd is the load, ll is the level and rr is the ramp rate).

Is there any way to do something similar with Insteon and an extra serial Powerlinc? No computer involved and I don't need any feedback, just a simple method to send rs232 command t the PLC.
Thanks
E

One of our regular cocooners (smee) created a vbscript for Homeseer to control Insteon equipment a long time ago using the serial interface. He never posted it, but that means it's possible. Question is, can you do it with simple ASCII strings? Not sure about that one.

Aha, PLM, another acronym to add to the repoitre, thanks for the link, I'll keep my eyes out for a ship date...
Thanks again.
Eric

I got a PLM with my Simplehomenet EZIO8SA. First one had a firmware problem. Do a factory reset and it died. LED went out and it overheated. Me and two others I know of. Got a free exchange postage also prepaid.
Mine was actually a 2414S marked as with PLM Firmware installed.

BLH said:
I got a PLM with my Simplehomenet EZIO8SA. First one had a firmware problem. Do a factory reset and it died. LED went out and it overheated. Me and two others I know of. Got a free exchange postage also prepaid.
Mine was actually a 2414S marked as with PLM Firmware installed.

Did your PLM come with any documentation on the command set it uses over the serial connection? I'm setting up an ARM-based Linux system-on-module to use as a homebrew HA controller, and am very interested in connecting it to a PLM if I can find out how to talk to it.

I've already got it working with a LinkOEM to handle 1-wire communications.

Thanks,

Keith

Back