Insteon PLM Errors

kunu

I've been using John in VA's Insteon PLM driver. It works fine from Premise to the PLM, but when manually activating the device "turn the light on", the state isn't reflected in Premise, and the log file shows:

clsInsteonDimmer,ProcessInsteonMessage received group cleanup message.  Ignoring... - fromID=XX.XX.XX toID=00.00.01 flags.acknowledge=False flags.broadcast=False flags.extended=False flags.group=True cmd1=13 cmd2=1
12/9/2016 7:27:17 PM,clsInsteonDevice,ProcessInsteonMessage - fromID=XX.XX.XX toID=00.00.01 flags.acknowledge=False flags.broadcast=True flags.extended=False flags.group=True cmd1=6 cmd2=0
12/9/2016 7:27:17 PM,clsInsteonDimmer,ProcessInsteonMessage - fromID=XX.XX.XX toID=00.00.01 flags.acknowledge=False flags.broadcast=True flags.extended=False flags.group=True cmd1=6 cmd2=0

I've rebooted Premise and the physical server, reinstalled, started and stopped services and still get the messages.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Do the devices have a controller link in them for the PLM and the PLM have a corresponding responded link in it?

Larry asked about the PLM age and model.
Any Hardware revision <2.0 and over two years old. Have a power supply capacitor problem. They get flaky, start loosing their Link Database and just stop working. Sometimes will function after a power cycle for a short amount of time.
There is a very long thread on the UDI forums where we have rebuilt ours.
http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/13866-repair-of-2413s-plm-when-the-power-supply-fails/

Yes, it's the Dual Band 2413S. Age? Just received it last week from Smarthome. V2.2 1635 (no idea what that means)...
I tried a few things - put it on a different outlet; extension cord next to the switch.
I'm assuming the switch is wired correctly as it responds to Premise/PLM. It's just the switch to Premise that is hosed.
Thanks for the help...

IIRC, somebody else was complaining on the UDI forum about the same PLM version and date code.

It wasn't the same OP on the UDI forum, was it?

Nope - this is the first time for me.

I bought the starter kit from Smarthome, so one dimmer, one 2413S, one off/on switch and one hub.
I decided to try and hook up the hub. Downloaded the Insteon App. Added the dimmer, PLM, and on/off switch. Each time the Insteon app did a 'communications check'.

No issues on any of the devices.

Still the same behavior - control FROM Premise; no feedback from the devices.

Has anyone else tried this driver from John? Maybe I'm missing a step?

kunu said:
Nope - this is the first time for me.

I bought the starter kit from Smarthome, so one dimmer, one 2413S, one off/on switch and one hub.
I decided to try and hook up the hub. Downloaded the Insteon App. Added the dimmer, PLM, and on/off switch. Each time the Insteon app did a 'communications check'.

No issues on any of the devices.

Still the same behavior - control FROM Premise; no feedback from the devices.

Has anyone else tried this driver from John? Maybe I'm missing a step?
I dont know what the process is for that hardware but Insteon devices have to linked with each other before full communications can be done. With an ISY there are tools for that.

Also, we find that any Insteon devices should be factory reset before linking to home devices otherwise stray links may remain and they can do really weird things. There may be X10 links inside, from testing, also, and they can respond to neighbour's signals.

I have been searching for a ceiling fan controller for Insteon or Z-Wave in Australia but am not having any luck. Does such a thing exist?

It does in Insteon for 120vac 60Hz.  IIRC it is called a FanLinc.

You would have to search the Insteon website

Back