Insteon Sprinkler Control Available

Digger said:
This may be hijacking a thread (sorry) but the message is very important...

MacDouger did you get an email from Smarthome asking you to refrain from negative comments or was it just me?
I have not - I've just been busy.

I could rant here, but I'm trying to refrain from it and just hope for the best. SH has honored their warranty, but the use many of us have had to make of it is just ridiculous. I may have my system to the point of link and software reliability now (crossing my fingers), but the hardware quality problems - which should be the easiest things to prevent - continue.

Just an unfortunate execution of a great idea, based on my own experience. Let's hope this is something SH will quickly have in its past, and that they will change their output to much greater reliability.

I keep thinking of great ways to use this technology in my house and around our property, but I'm not buying anything else until things become stable and reliable for me.

Hey Paul --

Have you checked to see what triacs this thing uses so we can know more about the switching limitations?

If you are interested in directly using triacs, take a look at simplehomenet's IO module.

http://simplehomenet.com/IO.asp

From the website
------------------------
# Three general purpose inputs (combinations of all digital level (0-5VDC), analog and Dallas Semiconductor 1-Wire bus)
# Eight general purpose, Triac driven AC outputs (rated at 500mA and 48 VAC).

Back