Internet Radio Site

BraveSirRobbin

I've been experimenting with a new Internet radio site, Pandora.

It has a very simple interface that I seem to like the more I use it. You just enter a song or artist and it will find stations with that artist/music type. Sound quality is also good.

I did a search for it on Ad-Aware's site and also did a scan and didn't find any SpyWare left by this program FYI.

Every request I put in couldn't be played because the artist requested their music to be removed from their playing list. :)

electron said:
Every request I put in couldn't be played because the artist requested their music to be removed from their playing list. :)
Curious as to what you are listing.

I put in:

Tori Amos
AC/DC
Mellisa Etheridge
Audioslave
Bob Dylan

with no problems.

I showed this site to some of my work group and now I'm their hero. For now it slips right through our firewall which is locked down very tight. I figure it should take our Internet #$&8@ a couple of weeks to notice.

thanks great site

Well I had to wait through 3 hours of hideous music to get to my selection. While it does go through the firewall it sort of pushes music I wouldn't listen to by choice on me.

I was surprised they they found "Anita Kerr" and artist from the 60's but totally bombed of someone like John Tesh. Just a couple I tried. I will be coming back to this site to play around some more.

Thanks for posting, BSR

Edit: Found this info on the site:

"Together we set out to capture the essence of music at the most fundamental level. We ended up assembling literally hundreds of musical attributes or "genes" into a very large Music Genome. Taken together these genes capture the unique and magical musical identity of a song - everything from melody, harmony and rhythm, to instrumentation, orchestration, arrangement, lyrics, and of course the rich world of singing and vocal harmony. It's not about what a band looks like, or what genre they supposedly belong to, or about who buys their records - it's about what each individual song sounds like. "

So rather then just playing songs by a particular artist, it seems to be "any" songs that are in a particular "style".

Very interesting site, will for sure be spending more time on it.

Back