iPad selling at Verizon Wireless Oct. 28th

mustangcoupe

While Verizon may not have an iPhone YET, here is a press release from today, they are going to start bundeling iPads with their MiFi device.

BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and CUPERTINO, CA — Verizon Wireless and Apple® today announced that iPad™ will be available at over 2,000 Verizon Wireless Stores nationwide beginning Friday, October 28. Verizon Wireless will offer three bundles, all featuring an iPad Wi-Fi model and a Verizon MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot, for a suggested retail price of $629.99 for iPad Wi-Fi 16GB + MiFi, $729.99 for iPad Wi-Fi 32GB + MiFi and $829.99 for iPad Wi-Fi 64GB + MiFi. Verizon Wireless is offering a monthly access plan to iPad customers of up to 1GB of data for just $20 a month. In addition, Verizon Wireless will also offer all three iPad Wi-Fi models on a stand-alone basis.

“This is the perfect pairing for holiday travels,†said John Stratton, chief operating officer for Verizon Wireless. “iPad together with the nation’s largest and most reliable 3G data network allows customers to easily connect on the go wherever they are.â€

“We’re thrilled to be working with Verizon Wireless to get iPad into the hands of even more customers this holiday season,†said Tim Cook, Apple’s COO. “iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before, and together with Verizon Wireless we’re offering an easy way to stay connected wherever you go.â€

iPad allows users to browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad’s revolutionary Multi-Touch™ user interface. iPad Wi-Fi models are just 0.5 inches thick and weigh just 1.5 pounds – thinner and lighter than any laptop or netbook – and deliver up to 10 hours of battery life.*

Apple’s App Store(SM) offers iPad users access to the world’s largest catalog of apps with over 280,000 apps and more than 30,000 iPad specific apps in 20 categories, including games, business, news, sports, health, reference and travel. With Apple's iBookstore(SM), the best way to browse, buy and read books on a mobile device, iPad users have access to more than 100,000 books from major and independent publishers.

MiFi 2200 is small enough to fit in a pocket and allows customers to create a personal Wi-Fi cloud capable of sharing the high-speed Internet connectivity of the Verizon Wireless 3G Mobile Broadband network with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices. The MiFi 2200’s rechargeable battery provides up to four hours of active use and 40 hours of standby time on a single charge.

Customers can sign up for more information on Apple’s iPad together with Verizon Wireless’ MiFi 2200 at www.verizonwireless.com/iPad, at any Verizon Wireless Communications Store or by calling 1-800-2 JOIN IN.

*Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.

Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com.

Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork, and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple is reinventing the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.
####

Isn't the iphone dead though? Honestly.
It's over. even the teenagers are dumping it for Blackberry's, thats gotta say something!

It's over. even the teenagers are dumping it for Blackberry's, thats gotta say something!

I dont know the exact numbers for either but I see a lot more people carrying iphones, then the droid then blackberry's as far as smartphones go. I would "guess" the Droid is doing more damage to iPhone sales then the Blackberry.

I dont know the exact numbers for either but I see a lot more people carrying iphones, then the droid then blackberry's as far as smartphones go. I would "guess" the Droid is doing more damage to iPhone sales then the Blackberry.

I agree with that, by far. But as far as the iphone it seems to be history repeating itself. Remember the Macintosh? Had to use apple software couldn't use any 3rd party stuff and along came Windows. Same thing happening with the iphone. Why use something that will only do what apple lets you do when there are Androids all over the place that let you do what YOU want to do??

The iPhone and iPad are not going anywhere. The devices still offer the easiest and most stable user experience. Most users of these devices couldn't care less if they can flash different ROMs or hack or even have specialized apps. Power users such as yourself will always gravitate toward the customizable/hackable/expandable but the vastly larger market are those folks that just want a rock solid device with an easy to use pleasant experience and the iDevices deliver that better than anyone else in the world. There will always be competition and different strokes for different folks but don't be delusional in thinking the iPhone is going anywhere.

Delusional???
LOL... not!
Of course the iSheep will keep them alive but that's just plain stubborness.
If any of you would try a balckberry or android for 30 days you'd see the "user experience" is better when the user gets to choose the experience. Thats just fact.

Delusional???
LOL... not!
If any of you would try a balckberry or android for 30 days you'd see the "user experience" is better when the user gets to choose the experience. Thats just fact.

I've had all three and prefer the iPhone. Nothing even compares to the iPad.

Delusional???
LOL... not!

We have a bunch of Android touchpads here at work that our software developers are using to write app's and test them. A few times I have picked one up to play with it and find it slow, dimly lit to the point its hard to see, and feels awkward in a way to use (maybe I am just impatient and want it to react immediately). Everyone wishes we had gone with an Ipad app first as we feel that would sell better. .

As far as Blackberry phones the few that I have tried I found to difficlut to use because they keypads are to small and the little joystick type mouse controller (or whatever you want to call it) awkward. I have a friend who is dying to get rid of her blackberry because she has found that the joystick tends to stick. She has had it repaired/replaced several times but it keeps breaking. the company she works for refuses to convert to iPhones until Verizion carries them.

There is enough market for all 3 to survive and even thrive. All of them have their strong and weak points as well. It really comes down to personel preference in my opinion.

For the record I have an old iPhone 3G for afew years now and its fine. Not the greatest thing since sliced bread but it does what I need it to do. I will not be switching it any time soon as none of my friends or coworkers Iphone 4, Droid Phone, or Blackberry does anything I need it to do that my old iPhone 3 cant do. It is reliable (except the problems with the AT&T network at times). My biggest gripe is the battery life but I dont think any of the other smartphones are that much bettter yet.

Maybe if you define "user experience" it will help me understand why you feel the other phones are so great.

Maybe if you define "user experience" it will help me understand why you feel the other phones are so great.

Obviously I can't define YOUR user experience.... that would be for you to decide.
To each his own as they say.

I agree 100%. The user should choose the experience that they prefer. It just so happens that many people have and still prefer the iDevices. That doesn't make them sheep, just people choosing a device they like and works for them. If you love the Crackberry that's absolutely great, it fits your lifestyle and what you prefer. There are plenty of pros and cons about ALL of the platforms, I have used and work with them all for almost 20 years. But please don't come here with your obvious iHateApple bandwagon, there are plenty of other sites for that. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but lets keeps civil and on track.

Obviously I can't define YOUR user experience.... that would be for you to decide.

Out of curiousity what does your blackberry do for you that an Iphone cant? Or is it you just like the look or feel of a blackberry compared to a touchscreen device?

Out of curiousity what does your blackberry do for you that an Iphone cant?
Not sure I want to get in the middle of this, especially since I have never used an iDevice. But to answer the question, my BlackBerry gets my corporate email, calender, etc. My company doesn't officially support iPhones yet, so they certainly won't pay for them, although there may be loopholes that individuals have used to get a corp connection. How is the iPhone doing in the corporate/enterprise/Exchange market?

I agree 100%. The user should choose the experience that they prefer. It just so happens that many people have and still prefer the iDevices. That doesn't make them sheep, just people choosing a device they like and works for them. If you love the Crackberry that's absolutely great, it fits your lifestyle and what you prefer. There are plenty of pros and cons about ALL of the platforms, I have used and work with them all for almost 20 years. But please don't come here with your obvious iHateApple bandwagon, there are plenty of other sites for that. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but lets keeps civil and on track.

Wow, where did that come from????
Did you read anything I wrote that said I hate apple??
A little defensive there huh??

Out of curiousity what does your blackberry do for you that an Iphone cant? Or is it you just like the look or feel of a blackberry compared to a touchscreen device?

I don't use a blackberry. not sure where you got that from.

Back