iPad selling at Verizon Wireless Oct. 28th

Wow, where did that come from????
Did you read anything I wrote that said I hate apple??
A little defensive there huh??
This will be my last comment as I am not going to feed this any longer. I am not defensive at all, I really don't care what device you or anyone else uses as long as you are happy. There's plenty I don't like about Apple policies as well. But calling an average intelligent American an iSheep just because they like Apple products is insulting. There are tons of people who love the iPhone experience but are not a blind sheep following Mr. Jobs. There is plenty to love and hate about Apple as well as any other brand phone, car, appliance, etc. I think it's clear that you came into this with an agenda. All I am saying is come here with your honest personal opinions, facts, etc, not insults and propaganda. You have not stated a single fact, just your wild opinions and insults. Nuff said - go have a beer...

Maybe if you define "user experience" it will help me understand why you feel the other phones are so great.

Obviously I can't define YOUR user experience.... that would be for you to decide.
To each his own as they say.

Out of curiousity what does your blackberry do for you that an Iphone cant? Or is it you just like the look or feel of a blackberry compared to a touchscreen device?

I don't use a blackberry. not sure where you got that from.

My mistake I thought you were talking from personel experince rather than what you had read etc.

Getting back to the original subject (sort of) I hope Verizion carries the iPhone and I would like to see if there service is better than AT&T's. Not saying AT&T is horrible but I hate seeing a missed call and have to wait 30 minutes for voicemail etc sometimes.

I would consider switching to Verizion if they support an iPhone in the future. Hopefully the competition will help prices as well.

Wow, where did that come from????
Did you read anything I wrote that said I hate apple??
A little defensive there huh??
This will be my last comment as I am not going to feed this any longer. I am not defensive at all, I really don't care what device you or anyone else uses as long as you are happy. There's plenty I don't like about Apple policies as well. But calling an average intelligent American an iSheep just because they like Apple products is insulting. There are tons of people who love the iPhone experience but are not a blind sheep following Mr. Jobs. There is plenty to love and hate about Apple as well as any other brand phone, car, appliance, etc. I think it's clear that you came into this with an agenda. All I am saying is come here with your honest personal opinions, facts, etc, not insults and propaganda. You have not stated a single fact, just your wild opinions and insults. Nuff said - go have a beer...

Again, where are you getting any of this from anything I wrote??? You're making incredible assumptions that are based on your wild opinions and insults. You are insulting me, I never insulted anyone, simply posed a question and you fly waaaaaay off the handle over it. That would be considered defensive by any intelligent American.
I'm glad you don't care about what I use, so why are you making such a big deal over it then???
I never said I don't like anything about Apple or their policies, you did.
I never called the average intelligent American an iSheep. There is a consortium of people who go out and buy anything Steve Jobs tells them to, theres no intelligence there at all.
What was my agenda??? Seems like you're the one with an agenda here, go ahead, re-read this thread.
All I stated WAS my opinion, not one insult at all, unless someones very defensive about something and takes it that way.
Get over yourself!

My mistake I thought you were talking from personel experince rather than what you had read etc.

So since I don't use one, that means I never saw one, touched one or tried one I guess??

You two are unbelievable.

I'm done with this thread.
It was a question, not an accusation.

So since I don't use one, that means I never saw one, touched one or tried one I guess??

You two are unbelievable.

I'm done with this thread.
It was a question, not an accusation.

I think you are reading what I am saying out of context. I never accused you of anything etc. If you read it that way I am sorry. I will admit it bothered me when you made your comment about applesheep but I let it go.

I misread your posts as if you were saying you owned a blackberry and it was so much better than an iPhone based on your experience with it. Each have their own benifets I am sure. I just cant justify having a blackbery since it does not do anything my iPhone cant do that I know of. For me a blackberry is a PIA because the keyboards on everyone I have tried were to small for me. Also the display on them are generally smaller (my eyesight is not what it once was) Most people that may not be a problem I guess.

Ok maybe I phrased my question to you incorrectly before. What does a Blackberry (not yours necessarily) do that an iPhone can not do? Other than each having a slightly different selection of App's (but many overlapping or similar between the two of them) I dont really see any difference for an average user. If you know of any features the blackberry has I was just curious. Most likely nothing I would care about but you never know what you dont know about.

Anyway if you are offended I apologize if I said anything that upset you. You dont have to reply this was meant to be more of an apology if I offended you.

This is funny :p I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight because someone called me an iSheep and I thought it was a complement :angry: iWhore - now that would really hurt :)

wow, just wow!

Frunple, you need to relax man, don't take everything so serious :angry:

iPhones vs BlackBerries vs Android phones is like a good ole GM vs Ford thread, it will create a heated discussion. Let's just stick with the original topic so I don't have to lock this :/

wow, just wow!

Frunple, you need to relax man, don't take everything so serious :angry:

iPhones vs BlackBerries vs Android phones is like a good ole GM vs Ford thread, it will create a heated discussion. Let's just stick with the original topic so I don't have to lock this :/
Yea and we all know that Fords are better :p

:angry:
There's an old saying - "never discuss politics or religion in polite company" - apparently that applies to OS's as well among certain groups.

There's a reason there are so many OS's out there - because there are different markets. People who want to tinker with their devices will absolutely hate the iPhone, and absolutely love the Androids. You certainly won't see them lining up for Blackberry's. That's it. I've used them all - my job/role requires me to evaluate all the options so I can decide on company standards. That said, after changing cell phones every 3 months for a few years, I finally got an iPhone and settled. I'm a little curious to try out an Android, but it sounds like a headache I don't need right now getting it configured right and all that.

For me - it's not a lack of technical ability by any means... I've just moved on to bigger and better things in life, and don't care much about my cell phone anymore. It works - and it's there when I need it; and it's reduced the number of devices I need, while integrating nicely across the board (plugs into my car to play music; plays pandora while driving etc). For people with different priorities, they'll like other devices.

That said - I really do expect to see a Verizon iPhone, but not until LTE gets popular; it's not worth Apple's time to invest in CDMA. Once that happens, given the relationships in the past, I gurantee we'll see LTE iPads and iPhones... and, we'll see Blackberry Pads, etc - the world is changing, so it'll be a different landscape in a few years. I welcome the competition - it's good for the market!

wow, just wow!

Frunple, you need to relax man, don't take everything so serious ;)

I have to relax??? Did you even read this thread?
I'm being accosted by someone who is literally making up a conversation in his head and blaming it on me.
As for the isheep comment, Rupp is right, every iSheep I know is proud to be one.
Again, no where in this thread did I say anything offensive to any person place or thing.
If you are defensive about something then maybe you took it that way and probably need some anger management because of it!

Digger, no harm done.
I agree completely about the BB keyboard and screen, thats why I would never buy one but to answer your question, BBM is the reason the kids are all switching from the iphone to the BB. Theres very few iphones left in my daughters college, all because of the BBM. Which I don't even get! Texting ain't enough anymore apparently.
Ok, now I'm done with this thread.

Ok, so I swore I would not post in this thread again, so call me a liar as I could just not let it rest as is. I can count on one hand all the flame wars or virtual fist fights on this forum over the past 5 years. CocoonTech is one of the few, if not the only major automation related site on the net with this many members and their associated experience, opinions, etc. And one of the great things about CT is the respect, helpfulness and camaraderie that the members share - even in off content, wiring closet topics.

As I think everyone knows or has experienced, email, forums, etc are actually a terrible medium for communication sometimes because the written word sometimes is interpreted different ways by different people - perception is reality. There is no body language, facial expression, etc so sometimes things, and I think largely this thread as an example is one of those things where things may be misinterpreted and perception truly is reality.

Frunple - we have both been members of this forum for a long time and I honestly don't remember you a a 'troll' or somebody just coming into threads looking to start 'arguments', so I have to assume as I reflect on this thread that this one is no different, and to you, you truly were just trying to communicate your experiences and opinion.

However, as you repeatedly told us to do, (which I have), to go back and reread this thread, if you do the same yourself, I think if you honestly look at some of your own written words, you would hopefully admit that even if not intended, they can come across as argumentative and yes, even insulting to some (especially people not even on these forums or reading this).

Isn't the iphone dead though? Honestly.
It's over. even the teenagers are dumping it for Blackberry's, thats gotta say something!
Set the tone. Was it rude, insulting or anything, no, not at all. But if you truly read it, it can VERY easily be interpreted as very anti-Apple and has no balance or facts. It IS something that you often find on iHateApple sites. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. I, and others interpreted it that way - again, perception is reality.

I did not respond to that initially. Then you said.

I agree with that, by far. But as far as the iphone it seems to be history repeating itself. Remember the Macintosh? Had to use apple software couldn't use any 3rd party stuff and along came Windows. Same thing happening with the iphone. Why use something that will only do what apple lets you do when there are Androids all over the place that let you do what YOU want to do??

Again, not really rude or insulting per se, but please just reflect for a second on "Why use something that will only do what apple lets you do when there are Androids all over the place that let you do what YOU want to do??". While there are no blatant insults there, just think for a second about how a person who made an intelligent decision to buy an iPhone would feel. You are telling them they can't think for themselves and only an Android can do what they want. That may be true for a very small percentage but the vast majority choose a phone because of how it looks, works, the color, their friends have it, and various other reasons. Then there are the hardcore tinkerers, a large majority of the folks on this forum. For alot of these folks, your statements are true, they would not even consider a device they could not flash a custom ROM, hack, etc.

Well then I replied in post #6 in which I did end by saying "There will always be competition and different strokes for different folks but don't be delusional in thinking the iPhone is going anywhere." to which you obviously took offense to the word delusional.

This setup the real turning point in the thread where you said:

Delusional???
LOL... not!
Of course the iSheep will keep them alive but that's just plain stubborness.
If any of you would try a balckberry or android for 30 days you'd see the "user experience" is better when the user gets to choose the experience. Thats just fact.

Honestly that last sentence didn't make 100% real sense (probably just the way written) but it was interpreted as "The fact is Blackerry and Android are better because you get to choose the experience". I want to assume you are just meaning, as we both stated earlier, choice is king, however the perception here is essentially 'iPhone sucks, Blackberry and Android are better and somehow that's a fact and you can't choose to have a good experience with an iPhone"

Well, the rest of the thread really went downhill where you just calling me defensive and I should read the thread and I was calling you anti Apple and with an agenda.

The bottom line is again, perception is reality. I definitely perceived your comments as very anti Apple. You perceived somehow me insulting you for calling you out saying your comments are insulting (iSheep, etc).

In all honesty my defensiveness was really for the honesty, integrity and balance of CocoonTech, not any particular product. I have read alot of anti Apple, anti AT&T comments usually on hate forums or buried in comments in blogs and honestly just didn't want to see them here on CocoonTech. I just like to see fair, honest opinions and even fact, if it's truly fact. I spend way too many hours on this forum at least trying to help people and keep it a premiere site on the internet, so if I was defensive, that's where it was coming from.

Personally, people can call me what they want, I am old enough where it doesn't bother me and I don't care. But I do tend to stand up for my family and friends and while some, maybe even many people don't mind being called a sheep, I know many who do. Believe me, I know the history of the term and what it refers to.

Anyway, I think we all agree that choice is good, there are things to like and dislike about all products and all companies. Everyone will never agree on one thing and nor should they, the world would be boring and stuck in a rut that way.

So for me I'd like to close this out with no hard feelings and since I try to see the best in everyone, the assumption of no disrespect intended here. So I offer you a handshake and an offer to chalk this up to a lesson and that ALL of us should just be a little more cognizant of others and respectful when choosing words to type - and meeting and discussing things fairly and civilly in other threads. The rest is up to you...

And just for the record... yes, my CURRENT phone is an iPhone 3GS. I actually LOVE the hardware and the responsiveness and accuracy of the screen (and this has been proven in many tests). I like the large selection of apps. I like most of the flow of the O/S. I do very much dislike Apple's oversight of the app store and the ability to not be able to run certain apps or do certain things. But, I do remember when I flashed my ROM on my WinMo phones and crap didn't work and I had to play around for hours to get things right. Yea, maybe there was a benefit to it but at least for me I've reached the point where I just want my phone to work when I need it, be rock solid, and be able to run apps that I really want or need. I need to be productive and not just play with it to tweak out an extra millisecond of response time or add some new features which I may never use. I've learned at least in some ways that Apple's control is needed to keep this phone rock solid for the masses. At the time the iPhone was that phone, it beat the pants off of all the previous phones I had, it had all the HA apps, etc. Then came Droid - I do believe the Droid is also a great device and iOS and Android will be fighting it out for many years. I may even get an Android myself and give my wife my iPhone. If Android turns out to be the phone that is also rock solid but allows you to build and run certain apps that can't harm the experience then that would be awesome. But in the end choice is good, and people should pick a device that is best for them and there needs.

Back