Is the Sonos a form of Mult Room cheating?

gatchel

I have recently purchased a Sonos bundle. I LOVE IT!

I just wanted to get some other opinions on the unit. I haven't installed any multi room, A Bus, etc. But this seemed too easy to be true.

Up and running in 20 minutes in two rooms. I have plans to install in ceiling speakers in a few locations but for now floor speakers will do.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks

I have had Sonos for almost 2 years, LOVE IT. Its the real deal!!! :lol: :lol:

I have had my sonos system almost a year now. In my case I had to install a sonos system on a budget. I have two ZP80s that sit in my audio rack both connected to a twelve channel amp. One ZP80 is a "zone" for the upstairs area and the other is a "zone" for the downstairs. I have volume controls in each room that I set to whatever level I need and for the most part they are left alone.

I use the provided software "desktop" controller on the computers around the house and have found that this method is completely functional, although not near as cool as the $400 hand held controller.

They released a software update today that fixes a number of headaches plus adds Napster in addition to Rhapsody.

I have had Sonos for almost 2 years, LOVE IT. Its the real deal!!! :lol: :lol:

I have had my sonos system almost a year now. In my case I had to install a sonos system on a budget. I have two ZP80s that sit in my audio rack both connected to a twelve channel amp. One ZP80 is a "zone" for the upstairs area and the other is a "zone" for the downstairs. I have volume controls in each room that I set to whatever level I need and for the most part they are left alone.

I use the provided software "desktop" controller on the computers around the house and have found that this method is completely functional, although not near as cool as the $400 hand held controller.

They released a software update today that fixes a number of headaches plus adds Napster in addition to Rhapsody.

The software update is kinda what prompted this thread.

The best part of the update is the ability to search my 20,000 song collection for keywords by title, artist, etc.

I use my setup every day and plan on adding more zones in the near future. (need some more OT)

Actually most of the stuff I have the CD's for.....most that is. I have case logic cases everywhere. I would guess close to 1000 CD's total. At about 15 songs each that comes to 15,000 ....most that is. Back in the new days of Napster I did come across some DJ remixes and things you couldn't buy but everything is legal.

I'll have to actually check my mp3 count one of these days.

220, 221 whetever it takes.

-Jack Butler

You get the point.

Back