Is this related to maybe new tariffs or is it just a confused or acting confused USPS?

pete_c

Guru
A few weeks back ordered a Pico PSU 300 watt power supply.

picoPSU.jpg

I utilize these now for most if not all of my lite Intel based mITX boards.  (CarPC's and HomePC's).

I had major issues trying to post this message this morning mickey mouse way which was 30 minutes due to these security now on this forum that doesn't work.

Order placed on

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Payment date

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Lately have seen these orders go to New York then to Chicago.  This one went to Chicago.

Removed picture here as I could not post this message on the forum with a picture.

For a bit it sat in China and I wrote to vendor when it was coming here as it did not leave for a bit.

June 4, 2018 - USPS message

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Sender address:

Shenzhenshi, Longgangqu
Guangdongsheng
China, 518126

Stuck at Shenzhen, China Shenzhen EMS customs. 

Tracking Number:XXX

June 12, 2018 dialog from Vendor

Hi, friend,
I'm glad that you can contact. Don't worry about the parcel. It's on the way now. Please wait with patience. I will not let you suffer the loss if you do not receive at last.
Best regards

June 14, 2018 USPS dialog

USPS expects to deliver your package by Monday, June 18, 2018 arriving by 8:00pm.

June 16, 2018 USPS message

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 3:34 pm on June 14, 2018.

Tracking number included with message.

I did not get parcel on June 18, 2018 so put a trace on the package Tuesday, June 19, 2018

June 19, 2018 USPS message

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Items that meet the US Postal Service's® search guidelines will be searched for, and if found, forwarded to the address you provided.

Search Request Details:
Request Date: 06/19/2018
Reference: Search ID #XXX
Tracking Number: XXX

June 20, 2018 USPS message 11:20 AM

Your item arrived at our ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on June 20, 2018 at 11:07 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Tracking Number:XX

June 20, 2018 USPS message 6:28 PM

Your item departed our USPS facility in ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on June 20, 2018 at 5:47 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

June 20, 2018 USPS message 6:28 PM

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on June 20, 2018 at 7:08 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Tracking Number: XXX

June 21, 2018 USPS message 10:18 AM

Your item departed our CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on June 21, 2018 at 10:02 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

June 22, 2018 USPS message 12:13 PM

The item is currently in transit to the next facility as of June 22, 2018.

Saturday (today) June 23, 2018 USPS message 6:38 AM

USPS expects to deliver your package on Saturday, June 23, 2018 arriving by 8:00pm.

Wondering if I will get the package today?

Saturday (today) June 23, 2018 USPS message 2:47 PM

Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 2:45 pm on June 23, 2018

Any comments on the above?

I've had the same kind of service from USPS. Have had orders originating near Portland (OR) go to Seattle, set for a day and then go back to Portland, set for another day, then forward to Bend (OR). I periodically order from a company In Tualatin  Oregon (a suburb of Portland). I live near Bend Oregon and these orders used to be delivered by USPS the next day. The last couple years these same orders now take typically 3-4 days.

This is the US post office striving to be more efficient.  :blink: 

Delivered today.

Took 24 days which is a personal record of longest delivery time from China.

May 30 to around June 14 to get from China to Chicago. ~14 days

June 14 to today June 23 to get to my house ~9 days

That is the sort of service that I expect from the USPS. I've seen packages take some unusual paths to get there and they often get stuck in a large distribution center in MA for days.

Mike.

For some reason any first class or priority mail I send from Olympia, WA to Portland, OR (a two hour drive at most) always takes 4-5 days. Used to be first class mail anywhere within in the US would be three days max. I got burned by this when I sent an earnest money deposit on the purchase of a new house and had to drive a second payment check over.

Yeah here have not seen this.  USPS delivery has been timely. 

This time when the time of delivery was extended decided to track it which I rarely do.

Maybe it is my old age curmudgeon state of mind and what I expect.

Yeah lots of weird things are happening. I ordered an SD card from Amazon last week.  After three days I got a message from Amazon saying it would be late and they were sorry.  After a few more days the tracking said it was in town and would be delivered soon. Then today I got a message from Amazon that it was returned (for some unexplained reason) and I would get my money back. I have no idea why.

Have they rolled out Amazon Delivery in your areas, or same day delivery?  95% great, and then a problem here and there...

cobra said:
Have they rolled out Amazon Delivery in your areas, or same day delivery?  95% great, and then a problem here and there...
2 day Prime delivery seems to be more of an estimate than a promise here. The stuff usually gets here in two days but more like 75%.

Mike.

Here with Amazon Prime they have been a bit flippant on delivery options starting initially with using the USPS then going to their own delivery trucks/vans back to USPS.

My original purchase of Amazon Prime related only to two day delivery.

Just a month or two ago saw a few 2 day deliveries take 3-4 or more days.

I did get a willy nilly explaination relating to the late deliveries and continued with my calls if I had deliveries that were longer than 2 days.

Lately Amazon Prime 2 day has been good.

Just this morning called Ebay customer service to complain.  I told them they will need to pay me for calling them on their willy nilly processes and procedures which are documented in a granular way only that they do not follow their own processes.  Very mickey mouse.  I got an apology and that was it. 

Back