[ISC] 2006 West Security Expo

BraveSirRobbin

I attended the ISC 2006 Security Expo held at the Sand's Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV on April 5. During that time I visited many booths and spoke with a variety of technical and sales people. This information was quickly taken down and will be (hopefully) correctly presented in these review postings. Please be aware that there may be inaccuracies in some details including pricing information. So please, take all this information as a "quick first look" only! ;)

GE (Caddx)

I visited the GE Booth to see what was new with their Caddx security line.

They have a new controller that they are rolling out called the "Comstarr" line (shown below).

(Click on Picture for Full Sized Image)
Comstarr Front

Comstarr Rear

Details were sketchy (very sketchy) but basically this system will use the interface modules shown below and offer items such as whole house intercom and whole house audio. It will also talk with security systems and interface with RCS thermostats as well.

Interface Devices

I wanted to see this system work, but they were having technical difficulties getting everything setup (the show was only a few hours old when I visited their booth).

Of course GE offers a variety of sensors for security systems including wireless units.

Magnetic Sensors

Magnetic Sensors

Magnetic Sensors

There are a lot of options with the GE line of sensors. Here are some including "pull tab" units.

Magnetic Sensors

Here are some more of GE's wireless sensor line.

Wireless Sensors

Wireless Door Sensor

The GE rep said these sensors can easily reach 500 ft indoors.

Back