Issue starting webserver for Kodicom application

franko180

Hi all,

Thanks to this forum I've managed to set up a CCTV solution fairly painlessly.
I have -

Intel chipset motherboard
ATI 9550 Graphics Card
2 X HDD
750MB RAM
P4 2.6GHz
Kodicom 8 port "Ebay" clone card

Windows XP SP2 - base build with no other apps, firewall turned off
Video Card Drivers
Kodicom software 4.11

This all seems to work fine at viewing/recording cameras. My issue is that whenever I try to connect to the web interface which Kodicom produces, I logon succesfully, see the next screen but then recieve a message ""WebDVR - Connection failed"

I want to stress that this is not a firewall issue, as I'm trying to view this webpage on an internal network with no routers/firewalls in between. In fact I'm connected to the Kodicom machine using a simple hub!

Networking between the Kodicom machine and my other machines seems to be fine, they are all on static IP addresses, the windows firewalls are all turned off, they can all ping each other, browse each others shares etc.

It seems that the Apache Web server for Kodicom doesnt start or run correctly, but there are no other services or applications running on that machine. Just XP SP2, video drivers and Kodicom software.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Try pulling up the webserver on the actual apache/kodicom machine.

I used to get that when I had the wrong userid or password.

Try pulling up the webserver on the actual apache/kodicom machine.

I used to get that when I had the wrong userid or password.

Do you mean basically opening http://localhost/ on the kodicom machine? I'll try this later, but I'm sure this didn't work and kind of froze on the desktop. I'll confirm and write back.

you may have to specify the webserver port# you setup in the diginet software. i.e., http://localhost:8080.

Freezing would be bad, and making that go away would also be something to determine. Did you modify the supplied html files in any way?

you may have to specify the webserver port# you setup in the diginet software. i.e., http://localhost:8080.

Freezing would be bad, and making that go away would also be something to determine. Did you modify the supplied html files in any way?

Ok I tried navigating to "http://localhost" on the local machine. The web login page appeared, I logged in and then the 'status bar' on the bottom left of internet explorer displays "WebDVR start" and then IE appears to freeze for 10 seconds and then responds with a dialog box saying "WebDVR - Login Failed", I click on OK and it says "disconnected from site" followed by "Network failed".

Might be a silly question, but where is the password for the web page set? I have set the all three passwords (level 1/2/3) to the word TEST on the password page on the kodicom set up screen, this still didn't help.

Sorry, I realised I had been setting the password in the wrong place. I have it working now :angry:

Do you have any opinion if version 4.13 is better or worse than 4.11?

I only used V4.13, no idea about V4.11?

Ok, no problem. Up to now I've noticed slightly different logos on 4.13 and it also sees the port numbers correctly on the capture card. On 4.11 If I plugged a camera in to port '1' it would be displayed on the software as port '5' !

I'm sure this has been covered often, but what are the ports that need to be opened for viewing over the internet? Am I right in thinking its ports 8080 and 8081 opened from the internal network to external?

Eeek; that sounds vaguely familiar, but I sold my Kodicom a few months ago to another CQC'er so I don't use it anymore.

I'm still having issues viewing the Kodicom PC over the internet.

I've left the ports video ports as 8080/8081 and am forwarding external requests to 8080/8081 to the IP address of my Kodicom machine. Not working..

Can anyone advise me what I should do to the firewall to allow the Kodicom to be viewed? The Firewall is an ISA 2004, but I have full control over it.

Back